Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scout Camp

I'm trying to catch up on my blog posts, and I'm trying to do it in some sort of order. Girls Camp was June 27-July 1. The next week (July 5-9) Matt left for scout camp. I LOVED this picture that they got of the boys! This is such a great group of kids; young kids and...not as young kids! I LOVE to observe from a distance....ha ha...meaning just looking out my back window to the backyard just east of us where most of these boys hang out! I love watching them play ball and run around the neighborhood playing 007 or with their air-soft guns, and then I love watching them on Sundays in their white shirts and ties setting up chairs, preparing and blessing the sacrament and then passing the sacrament. I have always been amazed at the respect these boys show to others and how happy they are. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful neighborhood with amazing families that have the best teenagers around! Seriously, isn't this the best picture?!



Speaking of pictures...this post hasn't been taking me nearly as long as my girls camp one did....and the funny thing is that I was actually excited that Matt took so many pictures! This is about it, but they are good ones! He has such a great time in his calling with the young men. I love to watch him prepare a lesson or leave for the Tuesday activities or pack for a camp-out! He really cares for these boys and loves to be a part of what they are doing!




No comments: