Friday, August 19, 2011

Operation Slumber Party



I posted about Operation Slumber Party on facebook, but now it needs to be documented on the family blog. On facebook a friend said, "It is so neat that they love each other so much." It really is neat actually. It is fun to see how much they like to play together. They are girls remember...so we have our moments....often. But really they are sisters that love to be together. I LOVE moments like this where I look out the kitchen window or walk down the stairs and I just want to grab the camera and capture every giggle, love and playtime. They do take care of each other, and some days just prefer to be with their sisters.



It seems like every night this summer they have asked to sleep in the same room together. Many times we have thought why don't we just move the beds in together? Kaylee and Kierra have been sharing a room and a bunk bed and Taylor and Emily another room and a bunk bed. We finally decided to do it. Make the blue room the walk-in closet and put all of the beds in the other room. The problem was we got all excited to do this on a night that Matt was gone for a scout campout. I was nervous and didn't know if we could pull it off, but these girls were determined! I said the rooms need to be clean before we do this....I've never seen them declutter and throw out so much stuff! They organized every little part of these rooms and were ready to go.

In their journals I have some pretty neat stories about how we all pulled together to do this without their daddy here. It was hard! Just holding the bed up while I took the bolts out and put them back in was soooo difficult, but they did it. Each of them helped in their own way. Kaylee was a huge help moving furniture. Taylor and Emily gave everything to hold those beds up! Even little Kierra saved the day for us at one point grabbing the side of the bed before it fell over. Thomas was our comic relief!




And here are the final results...only 2 hours later! The walk-in closet! Now that this room is cleared out a little bit with just the dressers, we just might paint it. It was blue when we moved in and as you can see from Kaylee's bedding in the last picture, we made it work, but I think the blue will have to go here soon.



These girls slept great that night! They were so excited to be together! For now, Thomas doesn't really know what he's missing. He's perfectly content in his own little room. I'm glad we got this done a week before school started so that they could get used to it. We are all on the same schedules this year so I think waking up and going to bed should be pretty easy. There is definitely lots of giggling and lots of talking. I need a tape recorder to capture every moment! I LOVE these kiddos!



2 comments:

Heather said...

HOW FUN!!!! I am so glad that the girls are loving sleeping in the same room. I have tears in my eyes thinking of the precious memories they are building. I really want to be a mom like you.

Wastlund Family said...

Impressive! Look what the girls can do when they put their minds to it. Love the new room.