Monday, August 1, 2011

Minute To Win It

This has been quite the new activity lately for our Family Home Evenings!

I am SOOO thankful for girls that have always been diligent at making sure we do family home evening and having our nightly scripture study. This FHE here was from back in June, but even last Monday with Matt gone the girls woke up that morning wondering who had the lesson, who had the treat, who had the activity. Today, Emily's lesson is about done and Taylor and her friends made M&M cookies! The girls look forward to it every week, and yes, most of the time they are the ones running the show. I know I need to be more involved so that I am the one teaching them...they teach me soooo much!

I am reminded of THIS talk by Elder Bednar. I need to be more like my children. More Diligent! I need to “express love—and show it,” to “bear testimony—and live it,” and to “be consistent.” I love what he says about hypocrisy! My kids can see right through me! If I'm not living what I preach, they'll put me in my place in a hurry!

I admitted to some friends how grouchy I have been lately. The Saturday before Matt left was bad. I'd like to say that it was the anxiety of Matt getting ready to leave or other things and decisions that were needing to be made, but really there is no excuse. I was a bear...and I see my example rubbing off on my own kids as they start to fight, use mean sarcasm, or just pick at each other. I know that if I S.M.I.L.E (Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal) then they are much happier also.

So, hope everyone is ready for a GREAT family home evening tonight! I kinda panicked this morning when I realized we only have a few more Mondays until the 22nd where we'll do a special "night before school starts" FHE. They just want to play with friends all day, so I'm looking forward to tonight to have some fun family time with them. (wish us luck! I do have high hopes...hopefully we all are S.M.I.L.E.-ing when it's done!)





1 comment:

Ms. Earl said...

Your girls come up with awesome FHE lessons and are so great about working together and helping each other out!!!!