Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bro. Willey

Here Mom and Dad--these pictures are especially for you. We had such a great time last night visiting with Bro. Willey and some of his family. It was supposed to be a birthday party, but with his birthday actually being in January I think it turned into more of a celebration of them getting the book of his life published. Besides, according to Taylor it wasn't a birthday party because all anyone did was stand around and talk. I think she wanted to see Bro. Willey do the limbo or red rover or something. Anyway, the book is amazing. There is so much about Laramie and the growth of the church in Laramie. I want to be able to really read it and not just skim through it.


As you can see they went all out with the Wyoming decorations. They even had brown and gold jelly bellies. (if you ever decide to do that please don't get the mocha flavored ones--the root beer are best!) And then of course I saw Emily! I don't think I've seen her since we were maybe 12 or 13. It was wierd to think that we really only hung out a few times, but it felt like we knew each other so well. We had so much fun visiting! Her little ones were very cute in their brown and gold! I know I know...where were my kids' Cowboy clothes? I definitely should've known better. The invitation was yellow and talked about this Cowboy celebrating his birthday, but I didn't realize a family living blocks away from BYU would be such Cowboy fans! We had so much fun!

3 comments:

VerDon said...

Thanks Kanny Anny for the great blog. I'm typing through tears after seeing the brown and gold table. It really hit me with such pride, I guess because I know how Pres. Willey felt about his Cowboys. My life has been touched in so many ways by Brother and Sister Willey. There is never a meeting go by that they are not thought of, talked about or examples of their lives brought up. They bless the lives of so many. I'm greatfull to know and be blessed by their friendship.

The Gardner Family said...

Oh man Dad--now all of my friends are gonna see my nickname. ;) Thanks for your comment. You would love their pictures and the stories in that book. Talk about tears! The girls wish you were coming with Grandma. We love you and miss you!

Kelly said...

kandice--great pictures! Your kids are so cute. Looks like you had such a fun time camping. Your blog is so fun to read!