Sunday, July 6, 2008

There are no kids meals at taco places!

As we were driving up to Kemmerer for the Gardner 4th of July camping trip all I could think about was how to blog this and how to blog that. Can you tell that I am getting hooked? We were trying to figure out if we should get dinner in Evanston or keep going on to Kemmerer. Of course the girls wanted kids meals but we knew they weren't going to be very hungry because we had been snacking a little bit on the way. So Matt says, let's go on and eat at Taco Time (because that is pretty much the only place we know of in Kemmerer). He said, "There are no kids meals at taco places!" The girls totally believed it, however we still went to Wendy's in Evanston and managed to get away without the kids' meals and toys and the best part was I had the opening story for my 4th of July camping trip blog!! Yes, pathetic I know. Anyway, the pictures will pretty much speak for themselves.

I feel like I have so many pictures and I know that Matt's sister Danette has some even better ones that she and her kids took. I'll have to get some of those from her and post them later. I didn't have my camera on our hike and there were some cool pictures there. Anyway, enjoy! I'll have to do some explaining along the way. Like this clown rock picture. The kids made paint (out of mud) and spent hours painting all of the rocks and sticks in camp. I wish I had a picture of them actually doing this. Taylor especially was very meticulous about her painting. And of course they got dirty.




Matt is driving Grandpa's truck to take these crazy kids on one of their wood or water runs.







We saw these moose on our way up to camp.
We are pretty sure one of these slept in some
willows just below our tent on the last night.
It's always good to make new friends!




Kierra Ann! She was so great! She had a hard time falling asleep the first night which really made me second guess what the heck we were doing there with a baby, but after that first night we had a blast! These pictures remind me of ones we have of Kaylee camping when she was that age. Eli, who was 2 (almost 3) at the time (now in the yellow shirt) would say, "Her needs her cousin" and crawl in the play pen with her. He and all of the cousins take such good care of my girls. Eli and Kaylee still have a cute, silly bond (as you can see in a video further down).








Emily Lynne! She is definitely the emotional one right now. (I know...they are all girls and always emotional--including their mother). She stayed by my side a lot, but had a lot of fun!


Taylor Marie!
CLEAN! DIRTY!



Taylor with Grandma Gardner.


Kaylee Elaine!
Smores!



And the dancing! I wish I had a better video of these kids break dancing. I forget that it is easy to tape and upload videos from our little camera.




So that is it for now. That was a huge blog I know. I wish I knew how to do this better and faster, but I guess I'll learn as I go. The layout, font, colors, etc. don't really matter I suppose--All you really need to get from these pictures is that we had a ton of fun! Happy 4th of July!!

8 comments:

garddawg said...

My Girls are so cute.

VerDon said...

My girl is so cute!! So are yours!

Ginger said...

I hate those kids meals with the toys. The toys are always junk and the kids LOVE them and won't throw them away. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't like them.

Looked like a fabulous camping trip. We went camping too....but in our backyard. Loren says that he's done with camping for awhile. It didn't go too well!

Lauren said...

Hey! It's Lauren Shumway! I saw your comment on Michelle's blog and thought I'd hop over and say hi! Your family is adorable and you look gorgeous as always! We have a blog at shumways.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by. Keep in touch!

Heather said...

Your pictures are awesome! I'm glad that you had such a great time. I also love reading about you and your girls.

Camille said...

I'm glad to see that your girls get dirty when they're camping too. That's not just a boy thing, eh?

The Gardner Family said...

I was noticing tonight that most of the pictures on my blog right now are of my dirty kids, and yes they do get dirty!! We'll have to do a photo shoot on Sunday or something. ;)

Camille said...

No, it just means your girls are normal kids too. You know my friend Sydra, right? She was Sydra Benson growing up with you in Laramie (although she's older than you). She has 4 girls ranging in age from 12 to 3 and I think her/their life is probably very similar to yours & your girls' lives -- and I thought it must be worlds different than how my life has been raising 6 boys before the 2 girls came along. It is fun to peek into your life and see that raising girls isn't that much different than raising boys (except for the hormones and the dress ups and the barbies and the changing outfits 10 times a day and...) Ok, so maybe it is a world different, but it is more similar than I had before thought. :) And Sunday pictures are OK too, but it is fun to have real-life photos too. Yes, you're right, we both should get more sleep. I got up to check on all the kids (make sure they're still there, still breathing, etc.) and the computer was still on so I decided I'd check out what was going on in some of my friends' lives. I'm mighty tired today, though. :)