Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Will someone please put the Gardner girls to bed?!

Matt was gone today so it has been a pretty blah day. He is always so great about getting the girls to bed at a set time, especially on Tuesday nights when I am at my young women activities. He reads to them and sings and does the routine and the girls love it. I am horrible at it. Especially on nights like tonight when the whole neighborhood is outside. I LOVE this neighborhood. We have so much fun! Well at about 10:30 my kids were about done. They went inside to get pjs on and watch tv on my bed. I told them I'd be right there, but the story I was hearing outside was just getting so good--I'm sorry Matt--I'm a horrible Mom I know. At one point our friends that want me to wait to hear the rest of this outrageous story and see the pictures start calling to their daughters to go and check on my kids. One daughter was eating dinner (yes at 10:30 ;) and the other must not have been in hearing distance because once she and her friend heard her mom say "Will someone please put the Gardner girls to bed?" they were very excited to run over and check on my kids. I'm so sorry Matt. ;)

Anyway, I have missed him all day, so I thought I would post some pictures of us in DC from a couple of months ago. One of my other blogging friends was talking about her trip to DC, so I started looking at our pictures and thought I would post them. We had so much fun! Matt had to go for work which also happened to be over our anniversary, so Matt's boss (aka Bishop Routh--who many of you will recognize) helped us make a big trip out of it. We went with him and his wife and had a blast! I think at some point the girls had stayed with everyone in Matt's family--even extended family. We took Kierra with us, but she was great--in fact very fun to take around! So here are some pictures!

In the plane getting ready to leave. I wish we had taken the plug out of the baby. Oh well. ;) Below is a picture of Thayne and Lisa for you Wyoming people.






























Look at that cute baby! This was her chillin' at the Denver airport and then being so happy as we were strolling her in and out of all the sites around DC.










P.S. I really need tips on how to do this layout thing. It never looks like I want it to. :)

6 comments:

garddawg said...

Good morning from Orlando Florida. I thought I would get the link to Kandice's blog to send to my sister in Cheyenne and noticed that Kandice was up late creating a post for the blog last night. I know how hard it is to go to bed by yourself. That is why I need some help talking Kandice into going with me next week to Wyoming. :)

It is so fun to see all the pictures that are put up you do a great job girlie.

Heather said...

Couldn't sleep - have a cold and can't breathe, so I finally got out of bed. Loved all of your pictures!

Carrie said...

Hey!! It is Carrie Koch (Graham). I found your blog on Lauren's, and thought I would say "hi". Your family is beautiful!! I would love to keep in touch my blog is thecrazylifeofthegrahams.blogspot.com

Michelle Williams said...

It's fun to hear from you, Kandice! Your girls are so cute. By the way, I always thought the cool moms let their kids stay up late :)

Camille said...

I'm so glad to see that you took your baby to DC and still had fun! Everybody keeps telling me not to take Lizzie, but she's still nursing, and I told James and my mother (the main 2 who don't want me to bring her) that if I have to choose between DC and Lizzie, I will choose Lizzie! I'm glad we'll still be able to see all the sites even with Baby in tow.

KaLee said...

So fun that you found me! Blogging is so great in that way. now you just need to talk the rest of your family into it so I can keep up with them too!