Sunday, July 13, 2008

And why are we finishing the basement?

I am sure Dale will kill me for putting this picture on. An unfinished basement is a perfect spot to practice tap, rollerblade or store that much needed junk! I am very excited to get it finished though. The family that lived here before us did finish 3 rooms, so we have one smaller bedroom, a bathroom and the family room to finish. Now I just need to find a place for all my "stuff" that I think I need to keep.

Here is Dale who is staying with us for the weekend before heading back to another YASE camp. The girls have had so much fun doing shows for him and watching him practice. I'm sure he is so sick of us and our noise.



Here is the bathroom and the bedroom. I haven't decided if our office will stay upstairs or come down here. Actually there are a ton of things I haven't decided yet, but we are getting there.


And here is the family room. We have had so much great help on this!! The boys will be doing the insulation on Saturday, and then the drywall will be next. Hopefully more pictures will come sooner than later!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Unfinished basements are nice in someways. Ours is unfinished, and we put some carpet down, and the girls have one big play room, and when I don't feel like cleaning it I just shut the door and go upstairs!!

Camille said...

I think home improvement projects are so much fun. Don't forget about the guest bedroom for the Whitings to sleep in. :)

The Gardner Family said...

Anytime!! You can all fit in the little one right? ;) Does that mean you are coming this way soon?