Monday, October 13, 2008

Homecoming


Another great weekend in Wyoming!! We sure love going back. I miss my family so much! It is always so relaxing and fun to be able to go to the games and to church and to just hang out. We do wish our teams could've done better, but hey--at least the weather was nice. We thought we'd be sitting in a blizzard. Instead, the only snow we saw was on the way home and in Utah.

So here is a quick recap and then you can just look at the pictures. We left on Thursday and hung out with Grandpa on the roof. After last spring's tornado the house needed new shingles. Here is an article about the tornado. A lot of the pictures in the article (click through to see them) are from my parent's neighborhood. The boy on the bike with the video camera would be my brother Dale. (did I say boy? I mean MAN!! (and if I could whistle I would))

Actually Kaylee is the only one I let hang out up there. She had a blast with her Grandpa, uncles and cousins. I hate when I don't get pictures of everyone. These are of Jackson and his kids. I don't know what I was doing when Brian and his kids were there. They all had a fun time!




Saturday was the homecoming parade and football game. The kids have been very happy with the candy they have been getting and will continue to get this month. ....sigh....the dentist will love us I guess.... A highlight of the weekend was being able to have some friends of ours from Utah (yes they are Utah fans) come with us this weekend. Well, not come with us--they drove up on Friday. As we were texting back and forth through the day I got a picture of them behind THE bus!! They said the roads were great but "Too bad we are stuck behind this!" Well, DJ's husband happened to be on the bus which later Kaylee and Matt got to ride in the parade. It was so much fun! We had a blast with our Ute fans! We sent them home with some Wyoming souvenirs and they sent us home with another loss. :( It was fun though! We still love our Cowboys and Cowgirls!





I know my family had their picture taken in front of the bus too, but that must've just been with Monica's camera. I'll have to post it later!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Sigh, I miss Wyoming sometimes!

Ms. Earl said...

This weekend WAS awesome!!! Thanks to you and all of your family! I am very grateful for the chance to have spent time with them.

We love our Wyoming souvenirs! Who knew that brown would grow on me like that? :)

We love Cowboy fans!

Anonymous said...

ahh...that makes me miss home.