Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Reunion!

Dad, help me out here--what is another good song to go with this post? Who knew that the high school parking lot in Evanston, WY could be so much fun?! While people were coming and going from flights in Salt Lake to and from Star Valley this was the perfect place to meet up. We had a lot of fun!




This is a fun video with a funny conversation between Dad and Dale. Too bad the Wyoming wind is blowing too hard to really hear it though. I loved Dale at the end. "Did I count to 4?" :) For those that don't know my family--my dad is on the left and these are his sisters and brother. He has another sister and 2 brothers that live in Star Valley. His sister in the green we see a lot, but the other two live further away and they were the ones coming and going so we had to figure out a way to see them both!


Before our family went to Star Valley we stopped in Kemmerer to see Matt's parents. Here are the girls at the homecoming parade watching Grandpa's float go by and getting candy. They got more candy in that 15 minute parade than any of the hour long parades we've had here. ;)



There wasn't any candy thrown at this next parade, but it was very cute! (I LOVE the giggles!)



I have no idea why I didn't take more pictures this weekend. We always have so much fun in Star Valley. This weekend we went because it was my Grandpa's 93rd birthday. It works out perfect because it seems like for a few years in a row now we have gone up there to see him for his birthday and it is always over conference weekend. I especially loved the Saturday morning session. Every single talk mentioned promises and blessings we receive from being faithful and obedient. President Uchtdorf has quickly become one of my favorite speakers. I loved his talk on hope and otimism. Elder Perry's talk also talked about being positive and uplifted and not letting the stress and anxiety get the best of us. Dale--it helped me to SMILE even more. ;)

S piritually
M inded
I s
L ife
E ternal (2 Nephi 9:39)

Well, we have a couple of crazy weekends ahead of us. I will try to remember to take more pictures. GO COWBOYS! (...please....) ;)

1 comment:

Camille said...

How fun! I love the video!