Sunday, October 19, 2008

Who can babysit Tuesday night?

This is the song I want for this blog! I can't figure out how to get it on a playlist. So for now pause the songs on the right then right click HERE to open the song in a new window. (still so much to learn about blogging--is there a way to fix the link so that it will automatically open in another window). Anyway, now you can listen to the words of our amazing camp song while you look at today's post.

I miss these girls so much already! I know I will still see them all of the time, but it won't be the same! For almost 3 years I have served as the young woman president in our ward. For those that don't know what that means, it means that I have spent an hour on Sundays and a couple of hours on Tuesday nights with the strongest, most amazing, talented, spiritual, confident, beautiful 12-18 year old girls ever! I have had help from some incredible women who are the best wives, mothers and friends that I know! I learned so much about myself and my testimony from these women and young women! (we are all young women right ;) !)

This also means that my wonderful family (mostly my wonderful husband) has sacrificed so much for me to put so much time and energy into this! Matt will you go out with me Tuesday night?! Oh wait--all of the babysitters will be at the corn maze. :( It has definitely been an emotional day!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You got released? What is your new calling?

Heather said...

Does this mean you got released? I am so sad that I am missing BC this Wednesday and not getting the full scoop... save some news for Ilene's baby shower!

The Gardner Family said...

Yes, we were released and no new calling yet. I need Heather back in the ward again to get me my organ calling back. ;) I'll be excited for whatever comes!

Ms. Earl said...

Didn't see that one coming!! It was a very sad day for our family. The memories and lessons will stick with Kate throughout her life!

Anonymous said...

i can only imagine how great you were with those girls!!

here's to all the great memories and lives you touched!!

Kelly said...

Kandice---don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened at all! Those memories and experiences will always be yours---no one can every release you from that! Look forward to a new chapter in your life....Can't wait to see you at BC. You're wonderful!