Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kindergarten Girl

I felt like I took a lot of pictures of Emily and that it still wasn't enough to capture all the excitement! Emily is so excited about school and so ready! Kaylee and Taylor have already been in school a week and the kindergartners start a week later. That was pure torture to Emily. :) Her teacher gave her confetti to sprinkle under her pillow the night before her first day. Taylor loved helping and telling Emily all the ins and outs of being a kindergartner!




Emily laid down on her pillow and slept very well that night!



The next morning it was constant "How much longer, when do we go, why couldn't I go in the morning?" So we did hair, played games and painted nails purple to match the outfit
(thus the sandwich pictures so we can see the pretty nails!)



And then of course....we took pictures!








We got to the school in plenty of time. We saw lots of friends! Then Emily's teacher came out and they QUICKLY took the kids away. There was barely time for another quick good-bye and I love you. One dad said, that's a smart teacher! It's true. Us mom's wouldn't have let go if they had let us take too much time to say bye! :)

I missed Emily. I kept wondering what she might be doing. We went to pick her up and she came out that door with the biggest smile on her face! She was mostly excited to see her sister and her friends and start riding home. I really didn't need to be there at all! She knew what the routine was!



This morning when I woke up I felt like it was "Groundhog Day". :) The alarm went off, "I Got You Babe" started playing and it felt like deja vu all over again. Ok, not really, but I did go into autopilot and knew exactly what the morning routine was. That makes me happy and sad.

Our 3 oldest are in school and loving it!
We miss them but we're happy to see all that they are learning and experiencing!



And here's an extra little treat! She's too cute!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You guys do half day Kindergarten? Andrew and Sami did in Laramie, but since we've moved here where Kinder is all day, it just seems weird to me.

Since Jay has an October birthday, I have two more years until he's off to Kindergarten. It will be crazy! That year I'll have a senior, a freshman, a 6th grader (first year of Middle school) and one in kindergarten. WOW!

AliandT said...

Those girls are just to little for kindergarten. I hope they had a great first week and tell Emily nice work on the piano