Friday, September 17, 2010

New Toy

We do hair! We do lots of hair! We do braids, we do twists, we do clips, we do the straightener, we do the curling iron, we do ponies....which end up all over the house....here was my arm last Saturday after a day of cleaning:



We do all of those things and NOW we do the TopsyTail!!

Our girls LOVE the adopt a do website that I also have a link for down the right side of my blog. We even met the cute girls from that site at the Literacy Center's picnic this summer! Yes, we stood in the hot dog line with them. I think I was more star struck than the girls! :) No, my girls were really excited too! They are very very sweet girls BUT their hair wasn't done! (Their mom was in Hawaii!) :)

Anyway, they use the Topsytail a lot and so we have been dying to get it. My girls really do love to get their hair done. They love to find new styles they want to try. HOWEVER, sometimes there are tears....not often....but sometimes. This morning was one of those times with 1 daughter (that shall remain nameless) who wanted the basic topsytail style. I did it, but I did it too tight, she got mad, we had family prayer, then she was happy and off to school she went. Then I went straight to the phone book and those things are sold out all over the valley. I finally found some about 20 minutes away. I had them hold 2 for me! I was so excited! Do you think I got a little carried away with it?? 6 ponies on a 2 year old, 5 minutes, no tears!! Priceless! (well $6 plus 1/2 off the 2nd box) :) Totally worth it!!


6 comments:

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

ah ha, i see what it does. Sweet. Looks nice and easy and fun . Have fun with your new toy. :-)

Wastlund Family said...

Never heard of it, but I would love that for Grace! Since she cut all her bangs off it is the only way I can style her hair. Where can you buy them?

The Gardner Family said...

Claire's!! I guess Sally's is supposed to have them too. Or you can buy them online, but I wasn't patient enough.

Trent and Michelle said...

That is how I LOVE to do Mabels hair! I do this criss cross thing on top of her head that ends up with 6 of the flippies and two x's on top. Really cute! I just made my own topsy tail maker with a yarn needle and kite sting and it totally does the job and is really cheap :) Super cute hair by the way :)

lauramarie said...

ha! i remember those days...it always pulled...anyway, my mom made her own topsytail...she tied a string to a recorder cleaning rod...or something like that. worked for its purpose:) man i need a girl so i can do cute hair styles...although it is very convenient to wash a run with peyson!

Brad and Hailey said...

I LOVE Topsy tail! I used to do it all the time in Junior High. I was actually just thinking today that I wished I had my kit so I could do mine that way for my niece's baptism tonight! How funny.