Friday, September 24, 2010

CMT

I am sorry I haven't posted for a while. I do have a few weekend trips I need to get to and soccer is just about done so I'll post about that too. For now, I'm just enjoying a lazy Friday.

I came across this new music video today. We saw Carrie perform this live a week before her wedding. It was beautiful and she was so emotional. A bunch of my family is in Florida for a wedding this weekend so I thought of them. Hope Y'ALL are having such a wonderful time! Congrats!!

But who I thought of the most was my Grandma Hoopes. I remember spending many hours laying on her living room floor watching recorded tapes of CMT. (country music television) Oh how I think my Grandma would have loved DVR! If I remember right, she used to sit with her remote and record music videos and cut out all the commercials...she had it down pretty good. She had tapes and tapes. I mostly remember Randy Travis, Reba McEntire some Garth Brooks, and a little Lorrie Morgan. My family will have to help me remember some of Grandma's favorites. Anyway, I think she would've really liked some of Carrie Underwood's stuff...and especially this video. Enjoy!

Carrie Underwood
Mama's Song


4 comments:

Jordan said...

Haven't heard this song until now-new favorite song. Oh my goodness. Thanks for sharing Kandace.

Sommer said...

Oh my gosh! I love it!!! I hadn't heard it either! I just love her, she is beautiful!!! What a neat song and video to go with it! I think all mama's feel that way! Too cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

Stephanie said...

I've been feeling a little like the mom just anticipating Danielle getting married next year. I can only imagine how I'll feel next Spring/Summer. Thanks for sharing such a great song/story.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, you know how to bring tears to a mother! Thanks, I love it!!