Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Recital



After only 8 lessons I think Kaylee got a pretty good start with her new violin.
This girl has fun trying out everything! She has the hardest time picking and choosing what activities to do. She sure looked beautiful at her recital and did amazing! This post has TONS of great video! My blog book will only have the 2 pictures of Kaylee, but isn't she gorgeous?!







Kaylee's teacher will be having a baby soon! We are SOOO excited for them, but sad to have to find a new teacher...at least for a little while. Click here to get to Sharon's website which should usually get you to their Eclectic website. Everyone HAS to check it out. Matt bought me some of her sheet music for Christmas and I LOVE to sit and play her stuff. I've also seen her firesides and they are wonderful and SO inspiring! If you are in this area you HAVE to have her come do a fireside!! She and her husband are both extremely talented and you just know they love it and have so much fun together! I'm having fun going through their website again...I haven't been on forever. THIS song is one of my favorites. I'm dying to have the sheet music to it!! I think it's all in her head still :) Amazing isn't it?! It's called Peace Be Still. It's an amazing interpretation of Master the Tempest is Raging (hymn no. 105). My other favorite of hers is this youtube video below of If You Could Hie to Kolob (hymn no. 284). In finding this video and looking at her other videos I saw that she did an entire Spanish fireside!! Sharon, really?! Is there anything you can't do?! :) Love ya! You are beautiful!

Sharon and Trevor had some fun at the recital.
This video is for my mom and brother who are already HUGE fans!






1 comment:

Meggen said...

Those Hopkins are INCREDIBLE! Wow! The more I learn about them the more respect and awe I have!

And, congrats on your up and coming violinist! Way to go!