Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Last Of Our Summer Weekends

I'm about to pull out our fall decorations and realized that I haven't posted some of our last summer activities. The last weekend in August Matt and his Dad and Matt's good friend went on a horse-packing trip in the high Uintas. They got rained on pretty much the entire time! But it sounds like they still had tons of fun! The rest of us went up the second day to have dinner and do a little riding. It was a little cold but a great time! I think we even converted a couple of them to starburst roasting! (I forgot my camera, so here are some pictures from my phone)





LABOR DAY WEEKEND

We have a new tradition!! This was our 2nd year going to the Sheepdog Championships at Soldier Hollow in Midway. We go with our "Heber cousins" and Grandma and Grandpa Gardner. We all go in the morning and let the kids do all of the fun kid activities. This year they had Mally Lewis and Lambchop there. My siblings and I grew up watching Mally's mom Shari with lambchop! For Christmas one year my mom bought the grandkids the video "101 things for kids to do" and my kids LOVE it! So, we were all excited to go meet Mally and lambchop. (I may have been more excited than them) :)

At lunchtime, my sis. in law and I dropped all the kids off in Heber, we put the babies down for naps and then we went back and all the adults just got to hang out and watch the rest of the championships. I remember last year, having a brand new baby, thinking I really don't want to sit around in the hot sun watching a bunch of sheep on a mountain. And everyone knows how I feel about dogs!! :) But this is AWESOME!! So relaxing! Such a blast! Very interesting! I was gonna describe it all here, but you have to just go and see it for yourself! :)




1 comment:

Ms. Earl said...

I remember watching that video with them and trying a few things. I also remember that you were more excited than the kids about it!