Monday, April 5, 2010

Wyoming Spring Break!



We love having family in town! Especially if they are on a spring break and get to just come and play. However, I feel really bad when our Wyoming family has to come here and spend their spring break in the snow. We had fun with them and although I'm sure they were excited to get back home, we were thrilled to have them an extra night while the roads were closed!

Matt's sister and her 4 kids came to Utah the weekend before Easter. That Sunday we went up to Heber where they were staying and celebrated Taylor and Boston's birthdays (Boston is 4 days older--those pictures will be in Taylor's birthday post). Then a couple of days later they came here! We did some swimming...TWICE...and some rock climbing! My kids always have so much fun with their cousins! They sure look up to these older boys and those boys are so great to play with and they take such extra care of my kids! Kierra laughed forever with Cole as they made faces on the computer! Everyone just had a great time! We always wish that we could see them more. We really look forward to camping with them this summer!














The Mamas!!


Here are the boys waiting for us girls to get out of the locker room. We love our Smith cousins!!



I had to post these 2 videos of Emily. I was so proud of her at the rock wall. SOOO proud! Right now she is my one that I worry about a lot. She plays better with the 2 older girls that are at school most of the time and so I know she feels just kinda stuck here at home with me and the "babies". Nothing quite goes her way....socks don't fit right....the temperature is too cold....she can never find her shoes....she's scared of the water...scared of the slide....(which I know she really isn't, she just wants the attention) etc..... I thought for sure after a couple of hours of swimming she would have a mental break down about having to put on that silly, awkward harness and climb a wall clear up to the 2nd floor. Wow!! I don't know what came over her for that 1 hour, but she was in the zone!! She had so much fun doing this wall! She was up and down and up and down. I LOVE this Emily girl and I hope she will continue to learn more and more that she is amazing and that she "can do hard things"!



1 comment:

Brad and Hailey said...

What fun! It looks like evryone had a really great time!