Sunday, April 25, 2010

I looked out the window



And what did I see? Summer might be coming but not quick enough for me!

I can't seem to find the blog post that was the inspiration for this picture. Friends? Cousins? Come on people...who was it that just had a great post about taking mental pictures? I completely thought of that post as I took this picture, but now I can't find it anywhere....was I just imagining things? At first this picture was just going to be one of those, wow I LOVE those girls, mental pictures, but then I did have the camera sitting right there at the kitchen table so I grabbed it and clicked! It was one of those many moments that I enjoy as a mother. I wanted everything to go in slow motion; the wind chime, the laughter, the singing and yes, even the sweaty summer smell.

And how about this mental picture below? Again, this was a quick....there's a camera....click. I'm no professional photographer....and oh how I wish I was....but I captured another moment that I know I will miss as my kids get older. A two year old in an over-sized dress up dress outside blowing bubbles all by herself. So perfect! I LOVE it!



Summer is coming....slowly but surely. We did have snow again this week, but we are also seeing some color. I love the purple and orange in front of our house right now!



Matt's been working extra hard in our backyard this summer! The rock is gone and the sprinklers are almost ready to put sod down where the rock (and swing-set) used to be. I've been taking pictures of that too and will post those in a full garden post later. Oh, and I think we are fans of square foot gardening!

And what about our little man?! I am afraid I don't take nearly enough pictures of him. He is really growing up way too fast. He might be walking within the next month. He took a couple steps toward Taylor the other day. He is definitely the most cuddly of all of my children. He sucks his thumb...which I did everything to try to prevent! Oh well, it's cute....for now. He smiles all of the time! He loves his sisters! He and Kierra are so cute together!



Thomas looked out the window and what did he see?
Why is mommy in the window, but yet standing next to me?

(when do they really figure out and understand the reflection thing?)
:)



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That was Ginger who had the post about the mental pictures! :) Could you tell me more about the book you ended up using for your blog book? Not sure I want to keep hashing it out with Blurb if there's something easier out there??

The Gardner Family said...

Thanks Kim!! That was driving me crazy. It was Ginger's worth of a mother...boxtops post! I cried again as I just read it. ;) Such a good post! So, blog2print.com! So easy! Not nearly as nice as blurb I'm sure, but so simple!