Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break



Spring break really was just a break! I think we were really ready for some time at home. We traveled a lot during the big holiday breaks and so this time we decided to just stay put.

Spring break actually kinda started on Friday when Matt had the day off for Good Friday (our kinda anniversary). :) So we took Emily, Kierra and Thomas bowling, went to get my new phone!! and then went out to lunch. It was the beginning of a pretty relaxing week.



Friday night was Taylor's birthday party. Saturday and Sunday was General Conference. Monday we went bowling. Tuesday we went to the library. Wednesday the girls woke up and played downstairs pretty much all day. I think that was the day that we even had a couple of friends come over and we all just decided that we were going to have a sister day. They played so great! It was fun to have everyone home. Friday we went swimming. We knew Thursday was going to be the nicest day of the snowy/rainy week so we reserved that day for the zoo!

We were very excited to have our friends come with us. They were so great to go along with our very laid back, no plan kind of day. Usually I don't work that way, but this week was all about just going with the flow and being on the kids' schedule and not mine!

The kids had a great time at the zoo! I don't know what I was thinking taking these pictures with the kids looking right into the sun, but they still had great smiles for me!







It really was the perfect week. The only thing that would've made it more perfect would have been to have Matt with us more. We didn't have any activities at night though so we got plenty of Daddy time too! It really did make me look forward to summer and having my kids home again. I miss them during the day. Emily, Kierra and Thomas do too! It was a great break! Now bring on Spring! :)



1 comment:

Meggen said...

Looks like you had great times!