Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Weekend!














Matt's facebook quote yesterday was, "Wishes that conference was on the same weekend as Easter every year".

My conference weekend actually started on Tuesday morning. I was able to go to the Young Women Auxiliary Leadership Training up in Salt Lake with our stake Young Women's presidency. I LOVE these ladies and can't wait to spend a week up at girls camp with them!! I even brought my camera, but forgot to get a picture. Many picture opportunities are yet to come though I'm sure! I love serving in the Young Women and one of the biggest reasons why is because everything we are supposed to be teaching them is what I can teach my girls; and also everything we teach them is what I to need to strive to be every day. We teach them about motherhood, about being women of virtue, about the things of the spirit! We teach them about prayer, scripture study, covenants. We teach them to have a desire to learn and to act! We are their "leaders/teachers" but I feel like I am learning so much more than I am teaching. My favorite quote from Tuesday (and I know I am paraphrasing) was "When you are on the edge of something that has such eternal impact, as we all are, it is not easy.....but be not dismayed.....be joyful and happy....smile!"

Then General Conference was also sooooo amazing! There are always talks in conference about our Savior, but it was so wonderful to hear them on this Easter weekend. Oh, and the music too!! Wonderful!! With 4 daughters and the best mother and mother in law ever, I especially LOVED Elder Ballard's talk about those "significant mother/daughter relationships". The spirit of each talk was so wonderful though; hard to chose a favorite! And I echo everyone else that has said how perfect it was to have conference the same weekend as Easter!

The girls enjoyed listening to conference with their conference packets. Kaylee really amazed me with some of the things that she wrote. We had a wonderful Easter together! I love my family! I love being a mother and I need to make sure that my children know that. I need to not get frustrated and impatient. I need to listen, nurture, trust and be kind. I need to pray in faith!

2 comments:

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

fun times.

Carolyn said...

Your kids are so adorable. I'm glad you had a good Easter and conference weekend. Like you said, I loved all the talks and felt like I want to work on being a better mother (not getting so frustrated). :) You are an amazing woman!