Tuesday, February 9, 2010

January



A week ago I heard a lady say, "Aren't you glad January is over? It was so anti-climatic after the holidays?" I guess she could have a good point, but I actually enjoyed January for that same reason. It was a relaxing month, but it went by very fast. I have been so behind in blogging. I really am going to try hard to avoid the catch all, update blog, but for January it is just going to have to be done that way.

Kaylee started basketball this month which she has really had a lot of fun with. She is the only girl on her team, but she knows most of the boys from school and has GREAT coaches that help her and keep her involved. I finally got a video of her scoring that I'll post later in a full basketball season post!

Taylor and Emily are still in gymnastics! They are doing it twice a week which they seem to be ok with. I worry about Taylor a lot because sometimes I wonder if it is too much, but so far she seems ok. They sure LOVE it!

We got our first legacy center membership this year. We figured we'd need to go swimming 17 times throughout the year for it to pay for itself and then the classes, weights and track are just an added bonus! I have had a lot of fun going at 6 in the morning and doing some classes and we have all had a blast swimming! The kids didn't have school on Martin Luther King day so we went to the Literacy Center's Green Eggs and Ham breakfast and then went swimming for nearly 3 hours! We had a blast! The pictures from the breakfast are with my cell phone....but can you see the green eggs? Yummy!! And then there is Thomas in his swimming shorts! That was the first time that we took him and he had a blast! We all slept good that night!

Some other pictures we have here are:
**Emily and Kaylee dancing....there is always a show going on at this house**
**Taylor and Kierra coloring....this is Taylor with her 100 days of school poster**
**Matt turning 33!! We set up Uncle Chad's old fish tank as a Christmas present and then on Daddy's birthday finally went and got a bunch of little fish**
**Another trip to Kemmerer to visit family and load more wood**

That was January!! Now I am officially caught up!! Coming up next....Kaylee playing basketball!














3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

I love the picture of all of your kids! So adorable!

Carolyn said...

Your kids are so cute!

Ms. Earl said...

I'm always glad when January is over because that means we are that much closer to Spring. I even passed out treats in class to celebrate! Maybe we can get together and go swimming. Kate would love to do that with the girls!