Sunday, May 24, 2009

Well, we tried....

Before I get to our Memorial Day weekend, I have to tell all about the greatest text I received from my friend Heather!! This is the same Heather that I went to women's conference with! Actually my Lehi friends and anyone else who wants a happy story, check out Heather and Greg's blog!! (I can't wait to hear more of the fun details!)

Okay--We actually did have a ton of fun this weekend! We love to camp and with the new baby coming this may be the only chance all of us will get to go this summer (I'm sure Matt will take the older girls). Unfortunately, this is one camping trip that had to be cut short!

I've been trying to remember when this story actually started. I guess it was Tuesday when Kierra started throwing up and having nasty diapers. She seemed like she only had it a day and we didn't think much else of it. Then came Thursday morning when I was out running errands for the camping trip. I was in the middle of the check-out line when Taylor's teacher called to say she had just thrown up at school...luckily she made it to the trash can. I had a friend of mine go pick her up for me and I got home right after that. I went to lay her down and even bring Emily in from playing to give her some quiet time too. Afterall, we were getting ready to go camping and I wanted everyone healthy. Well, the rest of the afternoon was spent going back and forth and back and forth again between Tay, Em and Kierra, the 3 pukers (and remember those nasty diapers?!) It was not fun, BUT we were going camping!

The next day we thought we would just wake up and see how things went. Actually, Matt did get sick in the middle of the night and I was just feeling tired and queezy from the craziness. By afternoon we were all feeling better and just ready to get out into some fresh air. So we packed it all up really fast and met Grandma and Grandpa Gardner at a campground near Bear Lake.

We had a great time that first night and even into the first day! The boys took the 3 older girls on a hike while Grandma, Kierra and I stayed behind....that's when Kierra struck again. It did get all over the place, but we cleaned it up and still had a great night! In fact, I was having the best night sleep ever....I LOVE sleeping in a tent while it is raining outside. It rained all night and was so relaxing....until....Kaylee struck at about 6 am. Thank goodness for G and G's camper and shower!! We got her back to sleep and after an hour or so the other girls woke up. We were still debating a little bit on our plan to go to Logan for church and to visit a couple of cemeteries in that area when Taylor struck. Luckily she was outside, but that was still the deciding factor for us. We needed to just get these kids home. So after some fun pictures, games, a fort and a hike we packed it all up just in time for the rain to come again. The girls slept the entire way home which was so nice. We are all cleaned up now and seem to be okay--we will all be going to bed soon though! Anyway, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for putting up with us and our mess! We really did have so much fun!


The fort that Grandpa made with the girls! The front and then the cool, fenced in backyard!



See, look at those smiles!! We did have fun!


So really quick, since I didn't have this blogged last year, I need to do a flashback to last year and most of my Memorial Day weekends. We usually go to Star Valley to visit my extended family on Memorial Day. We go to the Fairview and Afton Cemeteries and then to the Box H for a family reunion. I was feeling okay about missing it this year to camp with my family and my in-laws, but now that I'm just sitting at home I know I will really miss being in Star Valley. Here are some pictures from last year:







6 comments:

Camille said...

Oh, how miserable to be throwing up while camping! Or at school! Or anywhere! We've avoided the flu so far at our house, but it seems that all of our friends have it right now. We probably won't be avoiding it for long!

DJ Stauffer said...

I'm just wondering...did Dave and Dixie get sick?

The Gardner Family said...

Grandma wasn't feeling very well Sunday morning, but she never "got" sick. They still went to Logan and then they were planning on camping the last night. Hopefully they did okay. :)

Heather said...

Thanks for the shout out!

And it sounds like you had fun, in the midst of the challenges. You take everything so calmly, and I want to be just like you as a mom when I get a little girl of my own!

Brad and Hailey said...

I'm sorry the girls were all sick that's awful! Hopefully everyone is feeling better!

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry that your girls were so sick, but I'm so glad that you were all still able to have so much fun!!