Monday, May 18, 2009

Bugz

Kaylee and Taylor had their choir performances this week. They performed Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and had so much fun getting to do the show for family and friends! Here are some pictures and great (short) videos! (sorry--you'll have to turn the music off on the right) Taylor was the honeybee and Kaylee was the Stink Bug. The older choir also did a fun show called S'COOL!




I really wish I had videos of their songs and dances. We will have a DVD of it for Grandma's and Grandpa's to see.
We'll start with Kaylee--she is the stink bug. Anytime she walked across the stage the kids held their breath and then gasped after she was across.
Later in the show they call her a freeloader with a terrible oder and they tell her she isn't welcome. Her lines (in case you can't hear them) are:
"I know I'm not the sweetest thing that ever graced your nose,
But what am I to do for lunch, go hungry I suppose?"
and then...
"You really are to mean to me, your manners send me reeling.
You had to hit me where it hurts and now you've hurt my feelings."
Listen to the audience just feel so bad for her. :(


Later the bugs all sing to her about how things can change and she can be beautiful.
After the song Kaylee says,
"Your wings are just so beautiful, like angels or even birds.
Thank you for your gentle thoughts and most inspiring words."


Taylor was "the honeybee, as sweet as [she] can be."
When the other kids talked about giving the humans their best bite, Taylor said,
"Just try to be as sweet as me and don't hurt anything."

We love the Children's Choir. The kids are amazing! My girls worship the kids in the older choir and of course we all adore Catherine!! She is an incredible director and has become one of my very best friends! This has been my 4th year working with her, Kaylee's third year in the choir and Taylor's 1st year. It is always good to have the break in the summer, but we'll miss seeing everyone each week!

6 comments:

Our Little Family said...

Oh my goodness the girls are so adorable! I am so sorry we missed it! I felt a little bad for Kaylee too!

Brad and Hailey said...

That is so cute! I love it! Your girls did such a great job!

Wastlund Family said...

So cute!!!

DJ Stauffer said...

GIRLIES!!! That was fantastic. Grandpa gave me the play by play the day after your performance, so I knew just what to listen for. Taylor, you're a sweet little honey bee! And kaylee, you're not only a great stink bug, but you are also a good sport and a great actress! Bravo!! Love, Aunt DJ

Ms. Earl said...

Kaylee and Taylor.... you two did a GREAT job!!! Thanks for the preview on Mother's Day!

Camille said...

How adorable! How impressive to memorize lines too, when they are so young!