Sunday, December 21, 2008

The week before Christmas

Have any of you seen this song (by the Transiberian Orchestra) done live? WOW!! It was unbelievable! Make sure you listen to the entire thing--the ending is incredible!
We have been pretty busy this week and so I appolgize for not updating for a while. We'll start with last Saturday morning when we (because I'm so slow on scheduling things like this) had family pictures outside right before the big snowstorm hit. Somewhere in there Monica sent me a text saying something like, is this enough snow for you? Not yet! I'm so excited to sit in my house these next 4 days while the snow dumps some more. Then if it could just be a little off and on during our Christmas travels that would be great!
Sorry--got off track a little. Anyway, I'm waiting still to post our family pictures, but you can click here for a preview. You'll have to scroll down a little to see the girls' pictures and then scroll down a little further to see the family picture that I loved! The 2nd family one isn't the greatest because we were all starting to get pretty cold! Sanae went above and beyond what she called a "mini" session. She was amazing!!

Right after that we slowly went north heading directly into the snowstorm where Kaylee and Taylor had a performance at the Joseph Smith Memorial building at Temple Square. My mom and Dale braved the Wyoming side of the storm to come and watch the girls and then walk around.
Please don't push Grandma in!


Luckily the storm stopped for our Sunday travels to see this beautiful girl in white get baptized. It was such a special day with great speakers, great musical numbers and a great spirit! I love my sister's family and can't wait to see them again over the holidays!
The cousins had a little too much fun with the floor heaters!

And these two....well....how sweet!!

Then Wednesday night the girls had their final concert. We (actually Matt) was kinda running kids back and forth from other activities so I never did get the traditional picture of Kaylee and Taylor with their piano player, so I've posted last year's. We look pretty much the same just with a couple more inches and a couple less teeth. Taylor is on the front row, far left and Kaylee is just 3 seats over from that.


And to end the post of randomness here is Taylor after pulling out her tooth. Like I have described to some of you. She had dental floss wrapped around it and SLOWLY pulled down, one root at a time. pop, pop, pop! It was awesome!


I'm sorry that I don't have much more. We have been slowly getting things ready for Christmas and I think we are there. The girls are out of school now and so we are just ready to hang out and enjoy being together!! We hope everyone will enjoy the holidays and time with family and friends! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Camille said...

I would have loved to see them sing & you play -- that would have been awesome! She pulled the tooth out herself? Ouch! and Gross!

DJ Stauffer said...

LOVED your pictures! Beautiful! Hey...we need to set up some holiday plans!

nathansara said...

I was doing a little blog stalking and found your cute site. If don't mind I am going to add it to my blog list. Can you send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to ours? nsfarrer@hotmail.com

your girls are so cute. I love the picture with the dresses over the heaters. :) take care.

Ms. Earl said...

The concert was the highlight of our holidays thus far! The girls were great.... of course!!! Thanks for letting us know about it. Have a VERY safe trip!!!