Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy? Birthday Emily

Or not so happy birthday. Those sweet swollen eyes were swollen and gooped shut for most of the night. At least I got to wish this sweet girl a happy birthday at midnight--oh and 1 and 3 (3:33 to be exact--crazy) ;) It was definitely a long night--especially without a priesthood holder in the home. From midnight to 1 her temperature was just skyrocketing. I was trying everything and was about to make some phone calls when I woke up to another cough attack at 3:33 and realized we actually slept for a couple of hours and her temperature was back down. I took a warm wash cloth to her eyes once again and she fell asleep (with a couple of cough attacks) until 8. She'll miss gymnastics today and her dinner at Winger's (which I am very sad about) :( She'll open presents and hopefully have an appetite for cake tonight, but her big present she got back on Tuesday. I am glad we don't have to go to the place again for a while ;). We will work hard to keep that secret from Kierra for as long as we can.
Anyway, she has no voice, her cough and eyes are pretty bad but at least her temperature is back down and she is pretty happy. We all love taking care of her because she really is the sweetest sick girl ever. She is so fun to cuddle with--I just hope she doesn't pass it on to us!
So, I do have her picture collage in the works. Maybe she'll take a nap today and I can get it done. (or take a nap with her)
Happy birthday sweet Emily!! We love you!





2 comments:

DJ Stauffer said...

I read this post last night but didn't have a chance to comment. Then I dreamt about the birthday girl last night...she wasn't sick, though. Emily, I hope your day was fun! My girls are so jealous, they've still never been to a Build-A-Bear workshop....okay by me!

Ms. Earl said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emily! You are a doll! Kate and I can't wait to see your bear. We are sorry you were sick for your birthday.