Thursday, September 25, 2008

Soccer and Basement season ending!


Only 1 soccer game left! Taylor and Kaylee got to be on the same team this year. The first video is Taylor (purple) kicking it in. I'm sad that I didn't continue to video her very typical Taylor spin and dance. The second video is Kaylee (in white with blue sweats) against one of her friends. I would say what number they are but (almost) everyone is either 4 (kaylee) or 1 (Taylor) Anyway, you can see Taylor walking along in the end of the 2nd video. They both have tons of fun, but Taylor is definitely one of the smallest and younger ones out there so doesn't get in the pack as much.



I had mentioned before my birthday that I was actually dreading that week. Matt was actually gone that whole week which is why he took me to Park City the weekend before. I hate it when he is gone! The girls hate it! Here they are Monday afternoon after he got back home.

Before Matt left we stayed up until 2 in the morning one morning getting the painting done for the new carpet that I got (yes, I consider it one of MY presents) the day before my birthday. Here we were trying to recreate the famous pitchfork picture, but the stern-faced one we took looked way to sad for how excited we were. And speaking of excited--you should've seen how excited Taylor and Emily were when they thought they were getting red carpet!

So here it is. (Click on the pictures if you want to see a bigger picture) Our bathroom still isn't done yet. We are having a hard time deciding what to do with the two vanities and countertops. Too many decisions! Here are some befores and afters of the office (minus closet doorknobs) and then the family room. It was so much work. A huge part of me says that next time we will save up and make someone else do all the work. However, it is nice for us, and especially for the girls, to know how much work it was and to take extra good care of it all.

In the bedroom/office below I'm actually standing by the window taking the 2nd picture. The girls bedrooms are on the other side of that wall.


In the last pictures I'm standing in (kinda) the same place both times. You can kinda see the toy room to the left and our food storage room straight ahead. So there it is. I'm officially done talking about the basement. (well, maybe someday I'll show a picture of a finished bathroom) Now we have tons of room for visitors! (yes, Camille, that does include ALL of you! Put some miles on that van!)

2 comments:

Camille said...

Oh, it's so nice to see that you guys love soccer as much as we do!

I'm so glad your basement is ready for us to invade - should we bring the cats and fish too? what're you cookin' us for dinner? :)

Anonymous said...

I can't even believe you guys did all that! I might have to bring you over for a "bbq" and throw in a ...oh...do you mind helping us with... :D

congrats!!