Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last Week

My friend Heather already has the great theme of Tender Mercies for her blog. I love it and I am jealous that she thought of it first, because I can't think of anything else to call this picture. Matt and I have been spending every spare minute trying to get this basement done. We were down there all day Saturday. At one point I walked through my upstairs and saw this picture outside. Oh how I miss my girls!

They have been so great through all of this mess and chaos. They have taken such good care of each other and Kierra. Matt and I were both so tempted today (Sunday) to get back downstairs and get it done--it is so close, but there is definitely a reason for the Sabbath Day. We needed to be a family! We came home from church, had lunch and then played games!! It was such a wonderful day!

Last Sunday was also a wonderful day with family. We went to Riverton for the day to visit Aunts, Uncles, cousins and Grandpa, who was in town from Wyoming for the weekend. We always love our visits up there. I miss my family all of the time!




Here is Kaylee in their backyard. I'm sure there are great stories behind the trike. I have many great memories of that house!

Then Tuesday was school picture day! I never did get pictures of Kaylee on this day. :( But here are the other 3 along with some video of Kierra. Of course she was walking a lot better before I got the camera out! She isn't even 10 months old yet. She is just ready to keep up with her sisters I guess.





Ok--I wasn't going to add this last picture, but I'd better. This is us on a ski lift Friday night in Park City. I'm dreading this upcoming week for a couple of reasons--one of those being that I'm turning 29 + 1. I'd call it a midlife crisis, but I'm hoping to live past 60. Being a year after 29 just seems soooo.....well.....not in my 20s. Anyway, Matt arranged for the kids to stay the night in Heber and then he took me on a quick getaway to Park City. We did dinner and a musical (hmmm....if you can call it that--it was so bizarre) and walked around, holding hands instead of diaper bags and just had a great time!



So, I'll have to explain more of why I'm dreading this week later, but at least I will be getting carpet in the basement on Wednesday, so that should help ease my pain! ;) Sorry to put so much into one blog. I get online every once in a while to read about everyone else, but just haven't stopped long enough to update my own. I still have soccer pictures to get up and then soon those wonderful and complete basement pictures!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That first picture of the girls is priceless, so sweet. I always love to watch my girls take care of each other. It really makes it all worth it.

Heather said...

You can totally use the theme of tender mercies - I stole it from Nephi!

Camille said...

So precious! Aren't kids the BEST? Being 30 is not so bad. My friend turned 30 a month before I did and had a very rough time of it, but I didn't really mind. Now, when I turn FORTY, that will be another story!!! I am turning 34 tomorrow!!! Am I old or WHAT? No, we don't need to be eating mexican food to talk on the phone -- you can call me any time with or without mexican food. :) But we still should make a date to go to Corona Village again sometime... And as far as organizing clothes, I just put them all into those bins you buy at Walmart and label them by size, then hide them away in a closet until the next-oldest kid grows into them. As soon as Lizzie grows out of them I get rid of them right away. Same with Teancum. At least you don't have boys vs. girls clothes to keep separated and store! :)