Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tasty Turkey Trottin' Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving!

I had forgotten how much I looked forward to Thanksgiving when I was in elementary school!
Isn't Emily too cute?!

Our Thanksgiving week started out a little bit crazy as Taylor and Emily's school had the Turkey Trot on what was to be the day of the "BIGGEST" Utah storm in 7 years!! It was cold and the wind was blowing the snow clouds in, but the girls ran great! In our 4 years of "schooling" the Turkey Trot has kinda gone by the wayside. Kierra was being born right during Kaylee's 1st year. We did the 2nd year with Kaylee and Taylor and then last year we were driving from Grandpa's funeral to Houston. Well, after this year, I think we are hooked! It was a blast!

Taylor had to run the entire lap this year which was hard, but she ran the whole thing and had a ton of fun!

Emily, who I will talk about more in a soon to come birthday post, is amazing us more and more everyday. This girl came in 3rd!! I was so excited! (If you don't believe me, maybe I'll post the video sometime...maybe....)




She won a candy bar...which I think is still sitting in the pantry....she eats a teeny tiny bit everyday! (I wish I had that kind of self control)



Before, during and after the turkey trots I was packing packing packing. We hadn't planned on leaving until Matt got off work that evening, but the storm was coming and it didn't look good! We decided to take the girls out of school early and get on the road. It was a good thing we did so that we could miss the BIG ONE!! ALL 2 INCHES OF IT!! :) Pretty humorous actually! But, hey! At least we had great roads all week, and besides, it is always better to drive Wyoming roads in the daytime anyway!

We spent the first night in Kemmerer with Matt's parents and some of his family! We hadn't been with these cousins in such a long time so we were excited to stop! We even sang to Aunt K for her birthday. It is always fun to watch the cousins together! We were so glad to have stayed even if it was for only 1 night.

(all of these pictures were taken with cell phones :( I'm so sad that they didn't turn out as well as we thought they would....so sorry)







The next day we left for Laramie in plenty of time for dinner and the first of 2 Cowgirl Volleyball games! Thanks Uncle D for babysitting! Maybe Mom would've wanted to stay behind and hang out with her grandkids, but I'm glad that she was able to come with us! :) I feel bad that it put us a little bit behind on the feast preparations, but it was fun to stay up late and finish it off!

The next day was Thanksgiving! I'm sure we must've just kept preparing....what did the kids do? I don't even remember, but it was a fun day! The girls had a blast! Kierra was a little camera shy and Thomas slept through it all! Perfect timing!



The adults had a wonderful time visiting!



Some adults tried to avoid the camera!



Some adults would rather just be kids! I sure hope we don't get a bill from Uncle B's chiropractor anytime soon! :)




It was a wonderful day and a wonderful week! I was very thankful to have been able to see all of my family at some point during the week! One of my sister's thought that Disneyland would be cooler than us, but they stopped to see us on their way down. One of my brother's wasn't there on Thanksgiving day, but his family did come back to town for Mom's birthday!

Mom definitely works way too hard the week of her birthday!
One of these times we need to get everyone to come to our house so that Mom can just sit and not do anything! :)



We had a wonderful time visiting, watching movie stunts :), swimming, playing cards, going to volleyball games and just sitting and visiting some more!
Thanks Mom and Dad for being the perfect hosts!

We love you!




2 comments:

Meggen said...

Looks like you all have been BUSY!!! Glad you traveled safe and enjoyed all your time with family. I miss you!

Heather said...

I am glad you were able to see all of your family members. Sounds like a great trip!