Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Programs and Presents!



Ignore the ugly glasses...they will be explained in tomorrow's post! :)

It is that time of year where a piano player and her singing daughters stay extra extra busy! We love it! We LOVE being involved with the Lehi Children's choir! Everyone did such a great job! Popcorn was flying, poinsettias were beautiful and the voices were amazing! Kaylee sang a duet with such a good friend and was also in a little ensemble. Taylor had a solo and Emily had a duet. The girls were beautiful! And they had the best cheering section ever! I guess Kierra should've just been up there with them. She knew all of the words!



(I wish I could get these pictures to look better....I've tried photoshop, but it might just be too dark to mess with)






Then at the end of the week the girls had their school programs. Taylor's was just a little sing-in where each grade sang one song.



Emily's was more of a program with her whole class! They were so cute! I LOVE kindergarten! (except for the whole driving back and forth from the school all year!) :)



Kaylee's was a little bit more of a school program than Taylor's was with each class coming in on stage, but still just singing one song. It was fun! She sure loves to perform! The Sunday after this Kaylee woke up very very sick and wasn't able to sing at the church with a small girl ensemble in Sacrament meeting. She was pretty sad about it, but is always glad to have many other places to perform.



So along with all of the programs we also have fun doing presents for others at this time of year. Don't get me wrong....it is stressful at times, but honestly, this year was one of the best. The kids love doing the ward Pixie, which is like the 12 days of Christmas, only it's the 6 days of Christ. We gave things that started with the 6 letters of Christ. This is the 2nd year our neighborhood has done this and it is a tradition I hope they keep around! We also went and bought some clothes and toys for the giving tree. We did our plates of goodies for the neighbors and cards for the primary teachers. The girls love doing those and taking them around to everyone. One of our favorite gifts this year was making quillos for my sister's kids! It was so fun to pick out the fabrics, although this is where a little stress came in when cyber Monday got overloaded and I didn't get a couple of the fabrics I needed. It all worked out though...maybe even better than originally planned and the girls were a huge help at getting them done and shipped off quickly. They love to tie knots and really do save me a ton of time doing it! I hope the blankets keep our Wyoming cousins extra warm this Christmas! They were made with a lot of extra love from little girls who love their cousins soooo much and wanted every color and detail to be perfect for each one! :) It was really cute!





And what do the boys do while the girls sew?!

POWER TOOLS!! Argh Argh Argh (think "Home Improvement")
Look at the sparkle in that little boys eyes!


3 comments:

D.B. said...

Wow - what a post - love all the pictures. Did you really just put it up at close to 3 am, or am I rally the only one up looking at blogs at this hour? :)

Heather said...

Wow, your quillos are always amazing! I feel privileged to own one myself.

The Gardner Family said...

:) Bridgette....sorry...I'm pretty sure you are the only one up at that hour. I was asleep. I do a bunch of blogs and then schedule them throughout the week to go at 1AM. Why 1? So you people up in the middle of the night have new entertainment! :)

Thanks Heather...I'm still behind on baby blankets though! :)