Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

There is so much to blog still, but I will get to it next week. For now I want to bring back last year's video which I'm sure I will bring back for years to come. :) Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you are all able to enjoy this time with family and friends! Hope we are all able to slow down during this busy time and remember our Savior and His life! I am thankful for my testimony of the Savior! I know He lives!

This was going to be a short post, but I have to add more. A week ago there was a devastating fire at the Provo Tabernacle. My dear friend was supposed to perform as the Narrator in Lex de Azevedo's "Gloria" in that building that weekend. They had had a full run through the night before the fire and were all ready to perform and record it for TV.

They still performed the show in the Alpine Tabernacle with no spotlights, no fog, no decorations, no backlights. It was very simple, but so powerful. "'Gloria' is a literal retelling of the story of Christ set in an oratorio. Edited from the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Isaiah in the King James version of the Bible, the lyrics literally follow the words of the ancient apostles and prophets." It was so beautifully done. It really strengthened my testimony of the Savior and that He really did live a perfect life of love, forgiveness and service; that He really did die so that we could live with Him and our families forever. I know I should share that testimony more! It means more to me than anything! It is what I think about daily as I teach my children and love and serve them. It is what I think about daily as Matt and I love and take care of each other and our family.

I don't know what else to say about the picture below. There are no words to describe it. "Provo Firefighters look at a painting of Christ that was burned in the Provo Tabernacle fire. The fire burned the entire image except the image of Christ near the center. (Photo by Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)"



I hope that we can fully understand what the Savior has done for us and share that love and "good news" with everyone around us! Merry Christmas everyone!! From our family to yours!! :)


No comments: