Friday, January 29, 2010

Terrific 2s!!



As I sit here browsing everyone else's blog, sweet Kierra comes up and asks, "Where's Daddy?" I tell her daddy's at work. She asks, "Downstairs?" No, he's at his office today. She asks, "Why?" I tell her that he had to go in, but that he'll be back later. She looks content with my answer and says, "Hold me". I just had a full conversation with my cute little two year old. Now remember, my babes don't really start talking until 2--after that...they don't really stop! So this is kinda a first for Kierra and I! It was so wonderful and so fun! I do understand why people call it the terrible 2s, because believe me we have our moments, but wow do I love to focus on the Terrific 2s. This really is one of the hardest ages, but one of the best at the same time, just because these little 2 year olds are learning soooo much soooo fast and wanting to be so independent and use all of this new knowledge. I really do have a blast watching it!!

Right away I wanted to blog about it or put it in her journal, but my brain quickly goes through the whole procedure....well, I have to take a picture of my cute two year old (at least her hair is already done) with the camera that doesn't have batteries, which I need to charge if we are gonna see family this weekend, so I'd better charge the camera and get last weekend's pictures on before this weekend's pictures happen. So before the batteries officially die I quickly take a picture of Kierra, but hate the lighting and can't figure out my camera and realize I need to call my friend Sanae to get all of the notes from the class she taught. Oh, but she's probably just as tired and sore from playing basketball last night as I am, so I'll bug her after the weekend. :) Why do our brains do that?! (or is it just my brain?) It all turns into something so much bigger than a few sentences about my cute two year old who I am loving so much right now!!

So, now my new point, I have been planning and getting ready to put my blog into a book (we've decided on blog2print--thanks Heather!!) I've realized that I love having the pictures, and I especially love the videos which obviously can't be in a book, but I do need to write more and be okay with not having pictures in every post. I want to stay caught up really well so that each year will make for a great family book. I've noticed that doing a huge update post doesn't really work with the way the books are formatted, so I need to do smaller posts more often. I really want this to compliment our family journal that we write in every Monday, or possibly become that family journal. In fact, I'm really contemplating putting all of the journals on the computer which will make life so much easier when I have those days that I want to write the same things in each of the girls' books. Copy and paste is so much easier. (DJ--I may need to get some ideas from you on that) Anyway....there I go again, from one tangent to another.

Anyway, I LOVE blogging and I LOVE it even more now that it can be a huge part of our family history. Oh, and to go back to the very 1st point of this post--I LOVE the Terrific 2s!!

4 comments:

Wastlund Family said...

I went with blog2print also, and love my book. I have also decided I need to write a lot more!

How the heck do you get you daughters hair to look so cute?:) I need to learn that style.

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

Can I just say i love to watch Matt with Kiera at church. He is so good and patient with her when she doesn't want to be in sacrament. Cute cute little lady she is.

Heather said...

Yeah for blog2print! It's so dang easy... Love your description of how your mind works.

Ms. Earl said...

Kiera really has been fun to watch these past few months. I love her smile and how she runs up and wraps her arms around my knees.