Friday, January 8, 2010

Blog Books

So the time has come. I've been a blogger for 2 years now and a book or 2 needs to be made. I would love to know what any of you have done. What sites have you used? What's a good price? What is going to be the fastest and easiest? How much time do I want to spend? I'm very excited to combine this with our family journal that we write in each Monday. Will I be able to add that to the journaling I have here? OK you expert bloggers out there! I'm counting on you to give me the best ideas here!!

(Oh and sorry for the delay in our Christmas/New Years vacation post. I--the not so expert blogger, forgot my camera! I was not happy! :( I haven't been so motivated about getting pictures from my cell phone and also from my Mom and Sister-in-law. I am working on it though! But just to let you all know, we had a wonderful vacation, traveling around Wyoming!)

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I am currently putting one together from Blurb. You download the software so that you can lay it out for free and then just order it when you are done. I haven't done before but it is pretty easy so far. My neighbor showed me her book and it was beautiful so that is why I chose Blurb.

M&N said...

I heard blurb was good as well. I need to start on that too.

AliandT said...

This is on my to do list also. Let me know what you find out in you search

Kimberly said...

I do Blurb too and I'm pretty happy with it. It's kind of hit and miss. They call putting your bog into a book slurping (fun terms: "I'm slurpping my blog onto blurb") Anyway, sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't...sometimes the applications work and sometimes they don't. This is a fairly new concept though, so I think there will be some bugs what ever you do. I'm pretty happy with it though...considering!

Heather said...

I did my blog book last year at blog2print.com and I chose it because I literally put in my blog address, the dates I wanted, hit create, waited about 5 minutes, and it was completely done.

The downside is that I could not reformat any pages, but that is a downside I can live with, since the whole process took less than 10 minutes. I have it on my list to use them again with the next couple of days for the past year. Good luck!

Wastlund Family said...

This is the best news of the New Year!!! I kept wondering when someone was going to invent some program to publish your blog. I had no idea! Yes I am new to this. :) Thanks for sharing!

McGraths said...

Hey you! I made a Blurb book out of our 2007 pictures. I loved it. I reformatted pretty much every page to fit more pictures on pages, which took FOREVER, but it was worth it. Sign up for e-mails and they'll send you special deals all the time. You can get free shipping, 25% off your book, etc... GOOD LUCK.