Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Literacy Center


Seven-year-old Paloma Torres, left, speed reads through a list of three-word phrases as her literacy tutor 10-year-old Ashley Amaladhas times her progress at the Family Literacy Center in Lehi Monday July 27, 2009. MARIO RUIZ/Daily Herald

This photo was in the Daily Herald yesterday! Kaylee's name isn't mentioned, but that is her on the far right! She was so excited to show it to me!

So since she did get in the paper while at the literacy center, I thought now would be a great time to tell everyone in this area how much I LOVE this place and would recommend it to everyone!! I especially love it for my 4-5 year olds so they know how to read before they start kindergarten. It's 45 minutes twice a week and it's free!! However, because I LOVE them so much we pay a little extra at the wonderful Green Eggs and Ham breakfast and at the summer picnic. Once my kids are in school I only have them go in the summer, but they do have math and reading tutors year round. And the tutors are awesome!! Kaylee can't wait to be a tutor in a year or so!

Anyway, there is my plug! This is an incredible program!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

What a cool program!! Wish there was something like that around here. :(