Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

As you can see we had some more visitors in the hospital. Grandma and Grandpa Gardner drove down to see Thomas. They were also able to come later in the week while our Houston cousins were here.
The girls had a lot of fun visiting us in the hospital, when they weren't holding their baby brother they were playing in the hospital bed! Now they have fun showing him off to their cousins and friends. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures while the cousins were here. We had a great visit with them! We miss them a ton! I was a little too out of it for the big kid games--hopefully we'll get there for Thanksgiving to really have some fun!

Matt and I had fun dressing him in blue to take him home. Our first two nights went really well. He had been eating so great and going right back to sleep after each meal. Well, yesterday they brought us the glow bed. His bilirubin levels keep going up so hopefully this will help. Our sweet little boy that hardly cried at all his first 3 days, screamed every time we tried to put him in this. He loved being swaddled really tight and never took/needed a binkie. Now he has to lay in just his diaper sprawled out on what Grandpa H. thinks is a tanning bed. We've been scrambling to find a binkie that might work, and the perfect position to keep him content. Matt was great to stay up with him a lot last night while I got some rest.
His levels did drop a little this morning, but he does need to stay in the bed until Monday morning when he will get tested again. He is doing much better in it, so hopefully tonight will be better for everyone.

8 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh, how I hate the tanning bed! Sam had to use it too. Leah got to use a blanket thingy that was SO much easier. Good luck, I hope he's better by Monday.

DJ Stauffer said...

I don't know what the big deal is! I LOVE tanning beds ;)

My picture favs are proud daddy with his boy and sweet mama kissin' on her boy!

miklayla said...

my handsome dudey had to be under the lights for a few days too. It killed me!!!! I wanted to be holding him instead of him having to be under the lights. He is so cute, your cute little boyfriend!!!!
Michelle

Heather said...

THe light box thingie looks scary and intimidating. What a great attitude you have! We'll pray he is all good at his check-up on Monday...

AliandT said...

Congrats!!! He's here and your home, what a handsome little fella. I'm sure he will be well cared for with all those little mommy's to help out

Wastlund Family said...

Hope you find the perfect binky. Grace would not take one for the life of me and I about lost it.

Carrie said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!! He is such a cute little boy!

Brad and Hailey said...

Yay he's home! What a cutie! I love the pictures of the girls with him. How fun!