Sunday, August 12, 2012

Women's Conference

Women's Conference was the last weekend in April and every time I go it just gets better and better. We had a smaller group this year, but we still managed to get all of the book club ladies together for dinner on Friday night!

Kelly, Ilene and I had a great time together! This year I didn't get to go to the concert with Heather....my concert partner! But instead we did do the service rooms! We made little dolls and then Thursday night! Wow! My blurry picture kinda shows the assembly lines, people, backpacks! Work!! It was incredible! We only participated in 2 of the MANY humanitarian projects being made, crocheted, put together. We were part of 800 of these little beanie bunnies that were made and almost 35,000 school backpacks that were put together with supplies for kids that aren't fortunate enough to even have a pencil in their homes. It was a lot of fun and felt soooo good to do something for someone else!!



I am always so thankful to be able to go to these conferences and just be spiritually fed and re-motivated to be better! I remember coming home from my very first one years ago and being on such a high and then coming back home to life and being completely overwhelmed and feeling like such a failure the first time I got mad at my kids or frustrated with life. I feel like each year I get a better perspective on things and realize more and more to just work on small and simple things and that these little moments of women's conference, stake conference, general conference, girls' camp, even a Sacrament Meeting, are just filling my little reservoir. I don't need to feel like I have to become some perfect wife, mother or friend! I can just work hard at being the best I can be.

It's been fun to pull out my little notebook with some of my favorite quotes from the conference! I haven't looked back through these in a while. I am thankful that my very first quote and many in between were actually from in the car ride or at the restaurant. I am blessed with great friends that lift me up all of the time! Thanks girls for such a fun conference!



"The more specific your prayers are, the more specific are the blessings!" -- Such a great quote Kelly....I know I needed that one!

"We may be small and scattered but our influence for good, when magnified with God's power can change lives." --Ruth Todd

"So many life lessons and relationships will benefit from hard work... Work is Therapeutic, unifying, fulfilling and eternally important."

"Draw near unto me and I WILL draw near unto you!" --Doctrine and Covenants 88:63

"We go to the temple to make covenants. We go home to keep them." --Sister Free

"What is the symbol of our religion? It isn't a sign or artwork. It needs to be our lives--Christlike lives--this must be the symbol." --Sister Rogers

"I'd rather laugh than cry...'cause crying gives me headaches!" --Sister Hinckley

"Conversion is a process. It requires DAILY nourishment and renewal....In the strength of the Lord I cannot give up!! We know the outcome...the Savior will triumph over all! He will not forsake us if we do not forsake him!" --Elder Neil L. Anderson

No comments: