Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dance Recitals



Oh wow! Aren't those two the cutest?! This was such a fun day! One that I had stressed about a ton, because, 1--we had so many scheduling conflicts come up with the dress rehearsal and other things, but 2--because I don't know what I'm doing as a dance mom! At the girls' dress rehearsal we saw a couple of girls walk in the school in their sweats with basketballs in hand and hair in messy buns. I was longing to be able to do that with my girls instead of what we were about to have to pull off with the mohawk hair (complete with youtube video instruction) and VERY specific Nordstrom lipstick. This just wasn't my thing. They had 2 Grandmas, a Grandpa and an Uncle also coming to watch so I was so nervous for them, but these two were so calm and having so much fun! They were in heaven!

I didn't know what to expect at all, but what this dance studio pulled off was amazing! It was a blast! Kaylee was first of our girls and for some reason I get the most nervous for her! She is learning a lot so fast! Usually I see her perform when I go to pick her up at 8:30 at night after 2 and 1/2 hours of rehearsal. I had no idea how much energy and attitude this girl had! She wowed me!! I was so proud of her! (she is in pink and starts out standing...facing the audience)



Emily was next! I was nervous for her and her tiny little solo! She loves this stuff! She has been really fun to watch with her sass and cute hips! (she is in orange and starts out on the far left)



Kaylee had a 2nd dance with a bigger group. Ballet is definitely harder and for the girls not as much "fun". But again, I'm so excited for what they are learning and how much confidence they are getting! (she is in gray and pink and I do focus in on her most of the time)



Here are a few pictures I tried to take while video taping.
Both Kaylee and Emily have worked so hard! I was a proud Momma on this day! Sorry, this blog is always quotes from me, myself and I.....I know their Daddy and the rest of the family were so proud as well! It was a fun weekend!






5 comments:

Kate and Wes said...

So cute! They both did such a good job on there dances! And you did an awesome job on there hair!

AliandT said...

So cute they both did great.

Kimberly said...

How fun! Talented Girls! :)

Wastlund Family said...

I love how modest their costumes are! It is hard to find a good dance company that puts them in clothes!

sanaejames photography said...

YOur girls were awesome!!!! Where did Emily learn how to work it?!?! I totally know what you mean about the whole dance thing. I have no clue whatsoever about it, and when I'm around a bunch of dance moms--I'm like what?!? SO, I actually was so grateful when my girls preferred playing soccer and basketball. I offered them to start dance since a lot of the girls were doing it, but as soon as they learned that they had to perform in front of people, they were like NO WAY! hahahahaha...YOur girls are so talented! Sports, Dance, and Piano---triple threat!