Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pink Ninjas!

I don't know how to type the karate/ninja sound effect that the girls make after screaming PINK NINJAS and then striking this pose:






We thought we'd try a little bit of a more competitive soccer league this spring with Kaylee. It turned out all right. We struggled a little bit in the league we were in, but I was proud of Kaylee for sticking with it. We were so excited about the coach she was going to have, but unfortunately he can't coach anymore, so the team has fizzled out and we are back to trying new things. These girls were sure fun though! They worked so hard! Go Pink Ninjas!




So, now what do we do with this girl?! She wants to try everything! Right now she is in girls' softball....well...that is if we could ever get a game in with this rain. She wants to start dance....she misses gymnastics....she wants to play the violin, but piano lessons are free. We also just love to stay home and be together. Sometimes that makes me feel like a lazy parent, but I know that's not true. Everything seems so competitive at such a young age. We feel like we have to decide now what they are going to be good at and put ALL of our time and ALL of our money into that one thing. But my kids love EVERYTHING! Hmmmm....decisions decisions. I really really just love that we aren't very busy right now and that my little family can gather around the table at night and be to bed at a great hour! However, I LOVE watching my kids enjoy the activities that they are in and have been in. Where is that balance? Any advice from my faithful "listeners"? :)


She is quite the cute soccer player though huh?! She really did have such a great time! Way to go #12! LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

No advice for you on that one. My sister, Alyson, was saying the same thing. It's too bad you have to be a fanatic that started playing at age 4 these days to play a sport. I guess you just have to find a balance somewhere. Good Luck...I am sure you are doing a great job!