Friday, May 6, 2011

The Easter bunny found us!

Spring Break has been skipped for now! It is going to be a huge post with tons and tons of pictures. I've started the post a little bit, but then I just have too much fun looking at the pictures and then my computer time is up and I don't have anything to post!

So, for now, we'll just do a quick post about Easter in Wyoming! We had done our big spring break trip the week before and wondered if we were really up for traveling again. We knew it would be a lot of travel with very little visit time, but we are sooooo glad that we did it!

Sorry...before getting to our travels here are the pictures from the Monday before Easter:
Easter Egg dying!

Here is one of our coolest looking eggs! We had quite a few like this which made us very thankful that we boiled them first! Good thing the girls like egg salad sandwiches!









Ok, back to our weekend! Our first reason for going to Wyoming was for our cousin Boston's baptism. He is just days older than Taylor and so she definitely didn't want to miss being there for him on his special day! And special it was! It was wonderful to be there and listen to the great talks that were given. It seemed very appropriate for Easter weekend to think about baptism and the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father as we strive to become more like our Savior! I love to watch these sweet little 8 year-olds and think about how kind, sweet and forgiving they always are to me and to those around them. They are so close to the spirit and are little sponges to everything....which really makes me want to be a better person and example to them!



We spent all day Saturday in Cheyenne with Matt's family! We always have so much fun with Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas and Grandpa. Thomas wasn't clicking with anyone that weekend. Eli tried and tried and EVERYONE loves Eli! Thomas usually does too. Grandma Betty (Boston's grandma) even tried bribing him with a beanie baby! He warmed up a little bit. Anyway, there are always big hugs, reading, tons of giggles and gun battles (air soft for the big boys and empty water guns for the littles) :) It was a great day!




That night we went back to Laramie (where we had stayed the night before). The kids were really worried if the Easter bunny would find us at Grandma's, but sure enough there was plenty of candy to be found.....but not before posing at the end of THE hallway! Memories....

(Photoshop isn't even fixing these red eyes! Sorry that the kids all look possessed!
Is it a coincidence that it's just the girls?) :)



The kids had a blast!













Then we were off to church! We were really looking forward to going to church with my parents and my brother and his kids! It was great to spend some time with them....again, we wish it could've been more time, but we look forward to getting together again soon! I LOVE this picture! Too cute!



We actually had everyone but DJ's family there for Easter dinner! I'm so sad that I didn't get pictures of everyone all dressed up for Easter! At that time we were actually all packed up ready to leave right after dinner so we didn't get home too late. It was still pretty late, but at least the kids slept and were able to get up for school the next morning.

We were so thankful to spend Easter with so much family! It was nice to take the sacrament and think about what our Savior has done for us! I love to hear my children share their testimonies of Jesus! I love seeing little children (my own and my nursery kids) that barely talk see a picture of Jesus and recognize him right away and point and say Jesus!

"I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me....I feel my Savior's love, the love He freely gives me."

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great post! So glad you had so much fun on your weekend! I love the cracked egg... it does look pretty cool!

Brad and Hailey said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun!

Sharon said...

I always love your posts and the great pictures! And our ward choir sang "I feel my Savior's love" on Easter. :-)