Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Got Courage?

GOT COURAGE?? WE DO!!



AND SO DO THEY!!



AND SO DO WE!!



AND SOMETIMES WE HAVE TOO MUCH!! :)



Girls Camp 2010!!

aka my mini vacation, my version of EFY or women's conference...meaning that it's my week away to strengthen my testimony, my girls' night out (4 nights in a row!), one of my very favorite weeks of the year! I LOVE IT!!

This year seemed extra special somehow. I know that I have never prepared spiritually for camp the way I did this year. This year we were on a schedule to read the Book of Mormon and finish it on the 1st day of camp. The B.O.M.B. blog was started so that we could go along together and read about activities that happened and testimonies that were strengthened. As we read we were to think of the courageous stories and people in that book and even liken it to our own lives. I don't share my testimony in public places very often. Especially on a blog for all to see, but I have to tell everyone I know how much I love the Book of Mormon. The stories are real! The people are real! They had to stand and fight with strength, faith and courage for what they believed. Reading this book and then being up at camp with some of the strongest youth I know really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon, of Joseph Smith and of my Heavenly Father. I really want to shout it out to the world, I believe the bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

Wow! Ok! Now for some pictures! These young women are amazing! The 25th ward is the best! (how do you make a spitty smiley face on the computer?) ;) Thanks for letting me hang out with you!! The ladies I serve with are incredible! They are true friends! Thanks everyone for another wonderful year! LOVE YOU ALL!!

"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9



YCL night









CHEERS



SKIT PRACTICE ;)



SKIT NIGHT!



SMILE!











I LOVE being around the stake presidency and their wives! They have way too much fun together and such an amazing spirit! We always love having them at camp!



And have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE these 6 ladies?!
I love the ab workout I get laughing with them. I hate that I can't keep myself awake at all hours of the night to hang out with them. :) I love praying with them. I love serving with them. And we LOVE to pose for pictures! :) Can't ya tell?! Miss you girls already!!



5 comments:

Heather said...

I agree with you - Girls' Camp is the best place on earth! Glad you had so much fun. Can't wait to hear about it in person.

Carolyn said...

Oh, how fun! I love girls' camp. I remember you being the leader when I was there and I always looked up to you so much! It looks like you're STILL doing a great job at it.

AliandT said...

Fun Stuff!!!! You make one AWESOME Tin Man

Meggen said...

Kandice, I LOVE this post and I LOVE you! You summed everything up so well! I love that you are shouting your testimony from the rooftops and all around the world! You are amazing and I think this year at camp was the BEST ever! I am with you . . . when can we go back??? Thanks for being part of this special week for me!

Jordan said...

This was awesome Kandice! I loved all the pictures! :) And great song to go with it. Thanks for sharing!!!