Sunday, July 4, 2010

Round-Up

June came and went too fast so here I am to "Round up" the pictures from June and try to get a post out of it. [I'm inserting my disclaimer here....this is turning into one of those long...catch all....posts....sorry] I haven't been real great at taking pictures lately. Usually, I have the camera out for every picnic, parade, rodeo, friend, relative, piece of candy and every other detail but this summer I have been slacking. There have been many missed picture-ops. We have done lots of yard work, lots of cartwheels, played catch, gone swimming, had some great Wyoming friends come and visit, we have spent many lazy days in pjs and eating outside, and USUALLY we eat healthy. I hope that the mother's of our friends don't get scared by looking at the pictures below. I debated posting them, but hey...this was actually a really good time. It was fun to see them come up with a recipe, write it all out and come up with the presentation. It was even somewhat edible, however I'm pretty sure no one ate their entire contraption!





We really have been having an awesome summer! Lehi's Round-Up week is always such an amazing kickoff to everything patriotic! I LOVE it! It is the last full week of June and then the celebrations just keep on going until Utah's Pioneer Day on the 24th of July!

Round-Up week starts with a family picnic and "Lehi's Got Talent" on Monday night. Kaylee really had the hang of tradition this year. We always have Albertson's chicken on Monday night and homemade pigs in a blanket Thursday night at the all horse parade. Well, Albertson's is now called Fresh Market and with Matt working from home on Thursdays we were able to quickly eat the pigs in a blanket at home instead of hauling everything to the parade. Kaylee wasn't too excited about changing tradition, but she still had a great time!

So, here's Monday: 2 pictures...that's it...what's wrong with me? We were too busy voting for our favorite talent!!



Tuesday we went swimming and Wednesday was supposed to be movie night at the ball fields. At the last minute we decided to get the exact same movie from redbox and watch it cuddled up at home instead. Matt was gonna take the 2 (maybe 3) older girls, but this worked out so much better and we were done watching it and had kids to bed before the one outside had even started...maybe next year.

Thursday night Grandma and Grandpa Gardner came down. (which is also starting to become tradition...hint hint...) ;) We watched the all horse parade and then went to the rodeo. Here, another last minute decision was made to leave Kierra and Thomas with a babysitter during the rodeo. Is it looking like we wimped out a little this year? ;) We sure enjoyed the rodeo though--and those 2 little ones had been asleep for a couple of hours by the time we got home!





Friday we slept in, relaxed, helped Grandpa clean up and stock his new horse trailer (I can't believe I didn't get pictures of that) and then watched the cutest little twins and their older brother. That night we went to Heber for a cousin's birthday party.



Saturday we were back to Round-Up activities starting with my 10k run...BRIGHT and early. I had so much fun getting ready for and running the 10k. My goal was to do it under an hour, but I only run on completely flat ground, so when I saw the first hill I panicked a little. With my little fan club cheering me on I was still able to do it in 57:09!! I was so excited!



Thanks to Monica for helping me out with the pictures on the day of my race and the parade because otherwise the only family picture would have been the one with the girls blocking the sun from their eyes. Poor kids!! Click on it to make it bigger though...It is one of those laugh out loud pictures...that's for sure! :)







Ok...I really wasn't going to put it on, but here is the video of me finishing the race. I'm a little embarrassed to put this out in public, but I thought my family might like it, so here it is:



So that was June. It actually ended with me taking a trip by myself to my Aunt's funeral in Star Valley. It was nice to go by myself and visit with family. We have so many great friends that watch our kids and that our kids feel completely comfortable with! What a HUGE blessing! Thanks to everyone who chases after the Gardner kids....it seems like we've used you all so much lately! :)

Matt and I got to go to the Carrie Underwood/Stadium of Fire concert last night. It was nice to hold hands and not diaper bags and just enjoy dinner, a nice sunset, Carrie Underwood and amazing fireworks! I LOVE Carrie Underwood and wish she could've done more. We'll have to go to an actual concert of her's sometime.





And last but not least...check out this little man! Did he look good for church today or what?! I can't believe that he is about a week away from turning 1! We'll save the post about him for next week, but here is a little preview.

Hope you all have had a wonderful 4th of July!!



2 comments:

Wastlund Family said...

You look pretty amazing for having a baby not to long ago. Way to go on your race!

Meggen said...

Great job on the race, Kandice! You are amazing! Loved seeing all the pictures!