Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You Lookin' At Me?



When we got the invitation to Kyle and Nicole’s wedding I knew I did not want to miss out on any part of the “festivities”. Kyle’s dad is my cousin and I have always LOVED the feeling that is in their home. I knew these couple of days would be very special, fun and entertaining! Monday night was the dinner up at temple square. It was in the Joseph Smith Memorial building overlooking the Salt Lake temple. Matt and I got to sit at the teenager table with the coolest teenagers on the planet! Tuesday was their sealing in the Mount Timpanogos Temple and then Tuesday night was the reception where my kids ate, danced, laughed and then fell asleep the second they got in the car to drive home! It really was a blast!


Quick note to those that will ever have to plan a wedding…this photo booth idea was the best!! As a guest we were to go get our pictures taken and then we got to keep this copy and a copy went onto a scrapbook page where we signed our congratulations like you would normally do in a guestbook. It was a great idea and fun for us! ;) (Matt went to shovel sandbags for the city so he missed the reception—I bet we could Photoshop him into these pictures!)


Matt makes fun of me because I really could sit at the temple and watch brides all day long. We found out that my other hobby would be to walk around and take pictures of people. No…I could never be a professional photographer, I don’t have the talent or creativity for that, plus it’s too much pressure. I just have so much fun watching people trying to turn the camera around and get a picture with their sweetheart with the temple behind them. I love being the roaming person that says, “Hey, let me take that for you.” The picture I would take will always turn out better than one with the self portrait arm holding the camera out (although those do make for good pictures too) so like I said, no pressure and everyone is happy. (Hopefully even my sweet hubby who is laughing at me a distance away)


Matt and I really had a special time together at temple square Monday night and then in the Timpanogos Temple on Tuesday. The more we go to see a couple or a family sealed together the more we feel that sealing power. Matt said he wished he had paid more attention to that feeling when we were married. Yesterday we knew that the priesthood had just authorized and created this eternal family. You could feel the spirit testify of that. I know that when we got married we felt that, but now that we have been married for 10 years and have a family of our own we understand it so much more; as we witness that sealing now, we feel it so much stronger. For my children’s sake, I really wish I was able to express my feelings better after a day like that. I hope that as we talked to the girls about the temple yesterday that they could feel how special it was and how remarkable the temple is! “A Family is Forever”


1 comment:

Marsha said...

Thanks, Kandice! I felt some of those same feelings last week at Danielle and Taggart's wedding. I wish I could've been to Kyle and Nicole's too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.