Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduation Weekend

He did it!! Our baby brother graduated from high school! (not that we ever thought he couldn't) We were all so excited to be there for Dale!
Before we left though we had to say goodbye to some amazing teachers. Kaylee and Taylor had the best teachers this year! We will miss them so much!
We left Thursday night and had a blast hanging out with all of my family, including my grandparents from North Carolina and my aunt from Boston. Dale and my aunt have always had the most amazing bond that starts and ends with Wizard of Oz and any other musicals. It was so great to see them together again!
When Dale plays the piano, sings or dances, you can't help but get up and dance along! (Dale is in the background in the red shirt playing the piano)


We had a lot of fun going to a soccer game, visiting my brother and sister's homes and chilling in Grandma and Grandpa's yard. Kierra Ann used to be so scared of her Uncle Brian, but the last couple of times we've seen him she will run right to him and give him the biggest hug! She sure had a good time with him this weekend!



Everyone loved spending a little time in the hammock and we even met a new friend out in the yard!
Dale is so incredibly talented! He sings, dances, acts and entertains us all, all of the time. He is the perfect uncle to his nieces and nephews. Saturday night Matt and my brother in law piled 5 little girls and 1 little boy into the vans to take them to see UP. As they were standing in line the news came that the movie was sold out. First there was crying and then laughing about how pathetic the crying was, and then an Uncle Dale who quickly made movie tickets and set up a basement movie theatre for the deprived children. He is the man!! We love you Uncle Dale. Your nieces and nephews love you more than you could ever know!!





I LOVE our family pictures (except the fact that I'm looking very pregnant)! I love the smiles! Well, except for Kierra's--she was done. Yeah to Morgan for singing lullaby in her ear and putting her to sleep! I was SOOOO thankful!
And that is it! Dale is the man! Here is the blanket I made for his dorm room. I wish I had gotten a better picture. The white part has black music notes all over it. Below that is a short clip of him singing "I Hope You Dance" with his choir. I recorded the end of the song because my mom told me there was a surprise at the end. Well, the surprise was AFTER the song. I was so mad that I missed the seniors hugging at the bottom of the stairs. It was awesome! Then there is the video of him officially graduating!! He had the best cheering section ever! Congratulations Dale! We love you!

Oh and of course the nieces and nephews rolling down the hill at the AA!
Let's just never tell them how fun it is to ice block down that thing! ;)

4 comments:

Wastlund Family said...

Oh good memories! The basketball stadium, the ice blocking hill. And you look adorable pregnant!

Julie said...

Love the family pics! Glad you had a good time!

miklayla said...

looks like you guys had a great time. Fun pics.
michelle

M&N said...

How fun! Your videos are awesome. I saw you on Hailey;s blog too. It'll be fun to watch all your family things. Nicole Stoker