Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer nap time!!

I love that even my big girls wear themselves out so much that they need a nap--and even want to nap. Especially Kaylee--she'll just come up to me and ask if she can rest on my bed or on the couch. Taylor and Emily aren't quite as willing, but they do fall asleep during an hour of quiet time. Now Kierra on the other hand...well, this poor girl has been moved from crib to toddler bed (a few months ago actually), then without a mom for a week, then moved to the downstairs with her big sister and then a few days later moved out of her toddler bed into a new bunk bed. Oh...and Mom is also trying to keep the binkie in the cupboard as much as possible. Poor Kierra doesn't know what's going on. Hopefully we'll keep things at that for a few weeks before we really throw her for a loop. Anyway, as you can see from the fingers under the door, this is how she falls asleep often. She'll cry, come to the door, wave her fingers under it and then fall asleep. 10 minutes later I come and move her to the bed and she sleeps great! I love summer nap time! (maybe one of these days I'll even take one!)




4 comments:

Wastlund Family said...

Lucky you! None of my kids will nap. Even Grace has been fighting taking a nap the last few weeks and she's not even 2. We will be moving her to a toddler bed in a few months and then I think nap time is over for me. :(

nathansara said...

I know what you mean about naps. I LOVE them. I hope you do get a lot rest when this cute baby boy comes. Take care.

Denise and Derek said...

Hi Candice! Do you remember me? I used to be a Wilhelm and your babysitter! You have such a beautiful family; I am so happy for you. I saw your wonderful mom last summer at Washington park and she had your little girls with her. It was so fun to see her and meet them. Congrats on your little boy, I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Love, Denise

The Gardner Family said...

Denise!! I hope you come back on here because I don't know how else to get a hold of you. You'll have to email me or even send an invitation to your blog at kandygardner@yahoo.com. It would be so fun to see what you and your family are up to! I haven't seen you or your parents even for so long! Hopefully I'll hear from you again soon!