Friday, November 15, 2013

The Odds and Ends of September

Like Kierra has been saying lately...I don't like September....

I LOVE IT!!  

Maybe it's because it's my birthday month...but really it's just because I love getting back into our routines, but still having the warm weather to play!

The beginning of the month was our...
 
 We are so blessed to live where we do!  We have forever friends here in this ward.  From the adults, to the youth, to the primary kids to the babies...the friendships are amazing!  

Driving up to the campground it was POURING rain!  I kinda wondered what in the world we were thinking, but the night dried up and we had a great time visiting....
Playing catch with hot coals...still not quite sure why...look at those young ones watching and learning from these wonderful examples!
Yummy food!
Beautiful singing!
Such a great time! A quick trip, but tons of fun!
The next 3...wait...THREE weekends in a row Matt was out of town!  I seem to handle it better than when I only had little ones, but it's always hard, and this was over the weekends...that's family time...that's hang out time with daddy who is gone all week.  It was a bummer for us!  However, great for Matt! 

For the first two weekends he was able to attend Wood Badge, which is a training for scout leaders...or a big boy scout camp.  :)  They had a great time...and great weather!  :)  I felt so bad for them...but he really learned soooo much!  He came home reminiscing about the leaders and adventures he had growing up and really took in the many life lessons that were also taught.  It was definitely worth it!
Then the 3rd weekend was his hunting trip with some great friends!  We ended up having to purchase another one of these to accommodate.  
It's yummy stuff!  We did jerky last time he came home with something and we haven't done that yet...but the steaks are soooo wonderful!  The roasts too!
And speaking of yummy food!  I laughed a ton at Matt's facebook post of his last supper.  For a few months Matt was contracted out to a company that catered breakfast, lunch and dinner...really a great job for a single guy!  He'd never have to pay for food!  Matt enjoyed it...maybe a little too much!  Actually...he did good trying to stay healthy.  It was crazy to hear him talk about the stuff they had there!
Anyway...that's it for Matt's adventures...now on to Taylor.  

5th grade is the year of fieldtrips, projects, wax museums, Hope of America...it's a busy year!
The first fieldtrip was to Timpanogos Cave!  She had a great time and took TONS of pictures!  I just put a few on here...including this cute one of her with one of her greatest friends!  :)

The rest of September just kinda happened.  Lots going on.  I know it's weird for me to put up a picture of my broken flip flops, but this D.I. find was one of those that you just cherish.  They were the perfect flip flop that had the perfect arch and heal for my flat feet and they lasted me a good couple of summers.  I had to take a picture before trashing them.  :(
Just a cute picture!
Night out with the girls!  (Kaylee is on the far left)  These girls really aren't die hard One Direction fans.  But they had fun getting away from homework and chores to head to the movies!
Harvesting!  One of our peach trees died this year :(  but our other one did pretty good and we still canned peaches and made freezer jam!
My 35th birthday!  The girls even doorbell ditched me with some cards and candy!
Football season!  No my girls are not byu fans....but they have fun causing havoc around the neighborhood (with the help of the Bishop of course!)
Left:  Kierra's last smile with all of her baby teeth.  Right:  Kierra's first missing tooth!  Still so beautiful!  Check out those eyes!
Fun weekends with sisters!  The girls are always coming up with plays, dances, hairstyles, videos.  They have so much fun together.
At the end of September I got to go to the last Relief Society broadcast!  I'm so excited that they will now combine this meeting with the young women and the primary girls age 8 and up.  That means almost all of the girls in this house will get to go next year!  Wow!  I'm excited to hear the words of our leaders at those meetings...especially the first one.

It was fun for me to go up to Salt Lake for this.  This was the 2nd weekend that Matt had been gone and he got home just in time for me to go up there.  Our whole stake had tickets to go and I thought of calling a few people to go up together, but because I didn't know if Matt would be home I thought I'd better just plan to go alone in case I couldn't go at all.  Right away though I found some great friends sitting right at the front of the balcony.  It was a wonderful meeting as always....a great start to what would then be two conference weekends in a row...general and then stake!  Another reason to just LOVE this time of year!

I took some time by myself to walk around temple square.  It was nice to have some time to myself...self reflecting...wanting to be a better person, mother, wife, friend.  The temple and Christus look so beautiful at night! 
I even saw a cute proposal happening.  The girl getting proposed to was up at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the family was all down below.  It was pretty fun!  I posted it on facebook and right away some friends of mine called and said "Where are you?"  So...I crashed their mother/daughter night and met them for dinner at City Creek!  It was the perfect end to a wonderful September!

No comments: