Saturday, August 3, 2013

Last Days of School

And now we've made it through the MAYhem!  The end of school came and it was sad to say goodbye to amazing teachers and friends.  I always get emotional walking through the school on those last days.  Classroom walls are bare and desks are pushed to the sides.  However, I get so excited for summer!  We all can't wait to be done with projects and homework, but it is a sad thing to say bye to these friends that have become like family!

Emily was especially excited to be done with her last 2nd grade packet!!  This girl always seemed to have more homework than the older 2 girls combined.  In this video she was running around the house like a crazy person yelling, "MY LAST PACKET!!"  We had some rough Friday mornings trying to finish the packets up...but she did great and will be very prepared for 3rd grade!
I have my kids trained a little too good on my decluttering goals!  Taylor says, "Mom, hurry and take a picture so I can throw it away!"  I try to keep a few things....but I take a TON of pictures to get rid of the rest.  Hopefully my children aren't ever scarred from this...but it has to be done!  :)
 
The end of the year is crammed with last minute programs....
Here is Emily in the 2nd grade program:
The 3rd grade "Rock" concert...Taylor was so excited to get to hold up WY!!  Good girl!
 
And Taylor's 3rd grade field trip!  I think I may have mentioned in other posts how lucky Taylor was to have one of her very best friends in her same class this year!  As you can see...they really are literally attached at the hip sometimes!
And then Tradition!  We always like to go pick out fabric for our teachers and make them a quillo to give on the last day of school!  The girls always have fun being part of this and one of these years I'll get going on them way ahead of schedule so the girls can sew and do the entire thing!

Emily's teacher was so fantastic!  Her teacher had a baby with just a few weeks left in the school year.  In fact the baby came early and the kids never really had a chance to say good-bye so luckily on the very last day she was able to come back and have a little baby shower with the kids!  We sure loved her!
And already the tears start to flow before I even start talking about Taylor's teacher!  We can't say enough about Mr. O!  He was exactly what Taylor needed at this time.  Even still, with anything we do, Taylor has a Mr. O story that relates.  Taylor just absolutely adored him!  She learned SO much from him!!  I learned so much from him!  Every parent/teacher conference was like sitting in the Bishop's office...talking about what matters most.  The things he said always made me want to love my kids a little better and spend more time really being with them!  He definitely has a special place in our hearts!
Kaylee is just growing up way too fast!  She is going to be the oldest in the school next year and I can hardly believe it!  She also had a great teacher and great friends this year and has just really matured and learned so much!  
 Here are the girls (plus our neighbor) on the last day of school!  As cute as ever and ready for summer!!
  
 Kierra will be in kindergarten next year.  Every once in a while she'll do a little of this.  Hopefully it's no big deal.  I think the literacy center has prepared her pretty well for her first day!  She can't wait!
After the girls got back from school Kaylee pulled out the shaved ice maker and we had lunch and an icey in the back yard!  It was so relaxing and a good kick off to summer vacation!!



No comments: