Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Boys will be Boys

Fathers and Sons Weekend!!  (June 8-9)  Thomas was counting down the days to this big trip with his daddy for months!  He could not wait to go camping and fishing with the boys!  And now he always talks about cleaning the fish and how they had to borrow a knife and they cooked it and ate it.  It's funny the little things that he remembers.
Yes, yes...he was a little grossed out...he'll learn!  :)
They had fun with all of the boys in the ward!!  We have such a great ward!
 They slept great!  Matt sent me these pictures at night as he laid there wide awake while Thomas was already sound asleep!  
Oh these pictures made me so jealous!  I could just imagine how cuddly cute my little boy must've been in that tent when he first woke up!  He is the cutest!
Some super fun video!  Oh I love listening to Thomas talk and tell his daddy everything!
 
 Pause the video for a picture!  :)  
(thanks to my husband and to Brother Jacob for knowing how much a momma needs pictures and videos of her little boy while he's not with his mommy)
Continue video!
 Thomas really had the time of his life!  It ended with a quick stop for lunch at one of our favorite post camping spots!  
I look forward to watching my boys take off on many more father/son outings!  Matt is such a great dad and loves to do things like this with his girls as well as his boys!  So many fun things to look forward to!

 And then Matt's summer of playing continues!  The young men in our ward are pretty spoiled but in a very fun, well-deserving way!  :)  All the guys, young and not so young, just have the best time together!  We are so blessed to live in this amazing neighborhood!  Here they all are getting ready to head down to Moab as part of their scout camp.  They actually did scout camp in 2 shifts.  This is the first (June 13-15) and the second (July 11-13) was a few weeks later white water rafting down the snake river in Wyoming!!  

MOAB
JACKSON HOLE SOUTH PASS
AND THE SNAKE RIVER (photos from facebook...hope the young man I stole them from doesn't mind...I'll make sure to ask)  :)  Matt is in the very back...our Bishop has the red life jacket and Matt has the yellow.  Looks so fun!  A member of our stake presidency once said to the young women at girls camp, "Have fun...and don't make the 5:00 news!"  Last year when the boys went on this trip and the biking to Moab trip I was a nervous wreck.  I thought for sure something crazy would happen.  This year I had a little more faith and was just so excited for them to be able to go and have the best time!
I LOVE this man!!  He loves life!  He loves it the same way a little boy does!  He just wants to laugh and jump all in and experience it all!  I love seeing that same excitement and determination in our kiddos!  I love the way he loves our kids and also the boys in the ward!  I love the husband, father and priesthood holder that he is! So hey...while we are add it I'll add the Father's Day pictures from the month of June as well!  Why not?!  Amazing amazing man!  I love him more and more every day! 
  
Blurry but great Matt smile!!
 Not quite as blurry...
 And sweet kids that just adore their daddy! 

No comments: