Thursday, January 10, 2013

Arise and Shine Forth


Matt and I have been so lucky to be able to serve with the youth in our ward and stake.  Matt is the 1st counselor in our ward young men presidency and I am the secretary in the stake young women presidency!  This makes for a very busy summer for us, but it has been fun for us to cross paths a little bit in our activities!

The THEME for 2012 was
 “Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations” 
(Doctrine and Covenants 115:5)

These youth sure know how to arise!  We played a lot, but we also served, learned, laughed, cried, bore testimony and grew so much!  Ha ha...I typed that before I remembered  how much I really did grow!  AHHH!!  It was a hot summer and I can't believe I'm adding so many pictures of my very pregnant self at youth conference and girls camp.  (fyi: Isaac was born 5 weeks after the girls camp pictures!)

Ok...sorry...I was trying to be very sincere.  I love being around the youth.  They strengthen my testimony every time I'm around them.  They know the scriptures.  They know and love the Book of Mormon and their Savior!  They love each other and take care of each other!  It was a wonderful summer and fun to be able to experience things with them and with Matt!

June 6-8 was Youth Conference up at Reid Ranch.  Such a great place with tons to do for youth activities or even family reunions.

We started out doing a service project around Lehi:
The next day was fun and games at the ranch.  There was horseback riding, swimming, archery, basketball, lake activities...tons of things that I really did not get any pictures of. 

But...here are the wonderful girls I get to serve with! 
And the cute boy I got to flirt with...oh wait...that's not what youth conference is for...or is it?! ;)
 It was fun to hang out with the ward too!  Our ward is really the best and has a great time together!
On June 22-23 I got to go down to Manti for our 4th year adventure activity.
We had some fun activities and then got to go to the Manti Pageant later that night.

This activity and girls camp are always the highlight of my summer!  I sure LOVE these girls!
Ok...Had to do it!  Must upload the video of the skipping bowling balls!  Crazy stuff!  :)
And then Matt played ALL summer long.  He sure loves the guys he serves with and the boys!  They have such a blast hiking, biking (ALL the way to Manti), camping, white water rafting and then temple trips (to ALL of the Utah temples) with the girls.  Some of these pictures I stole from facebook and are a little bit old, but most are from this summer!  I am so thankful that they had such a great time!  They were always in good hands and safe and well taken care of!  Again!  Our ward and our youth are the best!


Can you believe how amazing these kids are?!  I will say it over and over again!  They are the best!  I hope that with all the fun and the playing they do that they will especially remember being in the Temple!  What an amazing place we live in to have so many temples so close to us!  (Our nephew Eli even got to participate at the Draper temple below!)

And then the highlight of the summer!  Well...my summer anyway!  If you have followed my blog at all you know how much I LOVE girls camp!  It really is a place where I learn so much about myself and who I want to be.  I am supposed to be there serving and teaching the girls, but wow!  They do so much to teach me!  I wish I had posted this clear back in July when we got home, because there is so much I wish I had written down.  I am so thankful to spend a week with nearly 300 girls learning about my Savior and strengthening my relationship with Him and with my family and friends.  I come back from girls camp ready to Arise and Shine Forth and be a little better! 
And the only picture we got of our presidency with the camp leaders was right after our skit!  F...A...C....T!  Our skit was the best!  :)  B...U...T the girls' skits came close!
 
Keep clicking!!
I can't believe I'm posting some of these pictures...I had Isaac 5 weeks later so I'm looking a little...well a LOT large!  :)  I had to put in the fun picture of being pampered while at camp!  I LOVE these girls!  I wish I could take a picture with every single girl there!   I love the friendships I've made through my callings with the Young Women!  It's the BEST place to be!  :)







1 comment:

Heather said...

You look gorgeous and glowing and wonderful! So glad you posted those pictures of yourself.