Thursday, November 17, 2011

Primary Teachers

I'm a little out of order, but this post will be much faster to put up than the Halloween one I need to do next. The girls had their primary program in Sacrament Meeting last Sunday! There were 91 kids up there on that stand and they are all such great kids from such great families! I am thankful every day for primary teachers and leaders who teach my kids in church every week. I get excited when they say they already know that story, or my teacher taught me this lesson once. My kids remember and have so much fun learning the scriptures! Their teachers throw little parties, or bring over little notes when we are gone. My kids feel so much love from their leaders when they go each Sunday!

Our sweet primary president said this quote, "We are a ward family, and these are our children". Both she and her counselor reminded us just how precious these little ones are. So many thoughts came to my mind about how I just need to love them more. I may pull the mom card and boss them around and get frustrated, but really...what makes me more "high and mighty" than them. We are all just learning and growing together. They love so unconditionally....they forgive....they give 110% all of the time. I need to remember how blessed I am to have these perfect little spirits in my life daily! I am so thankful for all of the primary presidency, teachers, song leaders and especially to the kids for bringing such a perfect spirit into our meeting on Sunday.

This video is the cutest thing ever and I've been waiting for the perfect time to post it. No...I promise I don't force my kids to sit down with a timer and memorize and time their songs and articles of faith. Emily has this reading homework she has to do every night with a timer and so Kierra sometimes just wants to be big and have her homework too. This was a couple of months ago and everything that she did she would time. Yes...EVERYTHING! ;) ;) This is just a small glimpse into the happiness and joy my kids have when learning the truths of the gospel. We believe! :)


No comments: