Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh the homework


2:30 at our house!

This is a very fun, important, stressful, busy time of day. And this is what my kitchen turns into in about 30 seconds flat!

I actually really love this time of day! Thomas and even usually Kierra have been asleep for an hour and so I have had some quiet time to myself. And then at 2:15, after a small prayer to help me brave the chaos and stress that might come, I love seeing them ride up on their bikes, or I love picking them up from school and hearing how their day went. Sometimes there are rough days (which is where that oh soooo important prayer comes in), but most of the time the girls come home so happy. I can't remember what day it was or the reason for all of the excitement, but they came home so happy and when I asked how everyone's day was they, almost in unison, yelled AWESOME!! I LOVE those moments.

I really look forward to being able to read with the girls and pass off their work. Projects are definitely a little more stressful and time consuming, but with Dad's help too, we get so much done and the girls work hard! They are amazing!




Sometimes we meet new friends too! The girls LOVE to read and so they were very excited when they got to meet Tyler Whitesides, the author of The Janitors, and get an autographed book and posters from him.



And this year we have been able to bring new friends home! This is Kaylee's class pet; Mo, the hamster!



Our routine right when they get home is that someone starts practicing the piano and the others get to the school work. I have debated giving them a little bit of play time first and then getting the work done, but then that makes for such crazy evenings as dad is getting home. This just seems to work best for us now with how after school activities are.





I love the feeling of having the backpacks hung and ready to go with plenty of time to relax and...continue the mess with good friends! :)


No comments: