Saturday, October 8, 2011

I love to see the temple!



We completely stole this idea from my sister! The girls have been begging me forever to buy the sugar cubes for it. For Family Home Evening one week we did a lesson about the temple and then built our own. I think we had the Logan temple in there, the Denver temple, Jordan River and yes, we even had a Wyoming temple. Little did we know that the first Wyoming temple would FINALLY be announced a few weeks later.

I LOVE the temple! We were able to be in the conference center when they made the announcement about the Star Valley temple. With the way the crowd gasped and President Monson joked about the fishing I almost didn't believe it at first, but then I just couldn't stop the tears! Star Valley, Wyoming! And it was announced on my Grandma and Grandpa's birthday weekend! Which made it even more special. I used to spend many an October conference weekend in Star Valley with my grandparents for their birthday. How I wished I could have been with them that day! I'm sure they were smiling down on the valley that day! WOW!

I sure hope my girls will never lose site of their goals to be in the temple. They loved going through the Draper temple open house and I know we will take them to Star Valley. I hope they know how much their mom and dad love the temple and know of the truth and importance of the promises and covenants we have made there. I love feeling the peace of my Heavenly Father's love for me when I am in the temple.




I love to see the temple. I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit, To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young; This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple. I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll covenant with my Father; I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth: A family is forever.




4 comments:

DJ said...

Beautiful...they turned out great. We displayed ours within child's reach and little by little our temples started to disappear...just a warning! Love your temples, Gardners!!

Wastlund Family said...

I will definitely be doing this for fhe. Thanks for the fun idea!

Beth said...

I am waiting so patiently for a picture of what the Star Valley temple will look like. We are waiting to hear where. We have not heard anything from our leaders, except they were just as surprised as we were. (It had been discussed, but not as to when it would be announced. One says this, then another say something else. Heard today that someone has been flying around the valley see what they would choose. Others say Thayne, others say they are doing soil samples and making a study of the fault lines. We did search and got a copy of a prophecy that was made by Moses Thacher back in 1880's. We will all just have to wait to see where it will be announced.

sanaejames photography said...

I think I may just have to steal this idea for one of our family home evenings!!!