Sunday, April 10, 2011

Great to be 8!



Taylor has been counting down the days to her 8th birthday and her baptism for a very very long time! We took the pictures above way early for an invitation card that she wanted to give to everyone. This day was soooo special to her and she wanted all of her closest friends and teachers to be a part of it, and they were. We had so many wonderful friends and family there to celebrate her special day!

She was beautiful and glowing! As they introduced Taylor they used the words sensitive and kind. I think her Dad gave them those adjectives and I LOVED it. Yes, sometimes being sensitive in this house can be a little dramatic for all of us girls, but I had to look up the word sensitive to find how it really describes Taylor and I LOVED this definition I found saying that sensitive is being susceptible to the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others. Taylor is always thinking of others which goes along with a great definition of kind: of a friendly, generous, or warm-hearted nature. That is Taylor Marie!

Taylor wants me to write about how cold the water was! (even Matt had cringed a little) :) But most importantly she says she, "felt good when she got out of the water". She is our little angel!
Love you Taylor Marie!







I just found the picture above. Taylor was baptized in the same dress that my mom made for me (yes, that's me) and my sisters to be baptized in. Now her sister and cousin have been baptized in it and hopefully all of the other girl cousins will too. She was beautiful!

Taylor's birthday was Monday so we celebrated with just our family on Family Home Evening night. For the girls' 8th birthday the plan has been to get them a scripture case and their own scriptures and hymn book with their name on them. Again, Taylor has been soooo anxious to pick out exactly what she wanted! She got many other fun gifts and of course phone calls from friends and family!









Then the cousins started coming! Because my family was going to all be at our house, Matt's sister and her family stayed in Heber with Matt's brother. We were able to visit with them on Thursday and then they came down on Saturday. I'm sad I didn't take pictures there. Friday was when the Hoopes side starting coming into town. The cousins always have so much fun together and of course....a show is always in the works. I took some video and the only one with all of the "original cast" (other cousins joined later) is the one making fun of a certain Justin Bieber. :) Hmmm....it's cute though!






Taylor has been a very good journal writer for a while now and here she is among the commotion at the church anxiously getting started on the new journal her Grandma G. got her. I am excited to type some of my thoughts in the journal I have for her about her special day. Many special things were said in her confirmation that I never want to forget and that I hope she will remember forever also. It was a special weekend!

Thank you Taylor for being such a wonderful, beautiful example to all of us!

LOVE YOU TAY TAY!!


5 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful post about a wonderful girl! Glad you had a great baptism with all of your extended family, and I love the picture of your immediate family!!!

Meggen said...

What a sweet day for a sweet, squeaky clean girl! I love it! And I also LOVE the picture of you on your baptism day. What a fun tradition! Loves to you all!

Wallisthetectonicjedi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wallisthetectonicjedi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathleen said...

Why do your posts always make me cry?:)! Stop it!...Just kidding...beautiful post for a beautiful girl!